Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If you had a c-section and will have one again...

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM
  • 17 Replies

...why did you decide to not have a VBAC?

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stepconfused182
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I am working on my second breech baby! It's so frustrating. I had every intention of having a VBAC until I found out at 31 weeks that this baby is also breech and in the same exact position my daughter who never budged was in. Obviously I have a uterine shape that isn't conducive to head down positioning. While some might say, there's plenty of time for this baby to turn, I just know that's not going to happen.

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM
For some, many hospitals & drs do not support it.

Or

They know the induction will fail & rather get it over & done with.


I tried for a vbac & after 48+ hours i was sectioned. Honestly, i should of just chose the section in the first place. I had a horrible experience & didnt sleep for 5 days.
Mommy_Natural
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM
My doctor will not allow it. I called every OB in my area and none support it. Midwives in SC don't attend VBACs because they say they are too high risk.

Also, my first two babies were breech. Even if this baby is head down my OB will not allow a VBAC.
lUcKyLoVe22
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I opted for it because I already know the drill and my doctor said she would not let me do one because of the complications I had with my son. She'd rather not risk it.
DesertDuck
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Thanks so much for the input.

I had a c-section the first time, after 14 hours of good, hard, steady and close contractions. Pretty much fully dilated, DD just wouldn't come down! They tried everything, even pumping more fluid into me after about 12 hours. I'd had polyhydraminosis and my water broke--spectacularly, I might add, lol. Little stinker swam back up even further! The OB mentioned that she had felt a "bony protrustion," even though my pelvis seemed fine, and we decided to just get DD out of there with her heartrate dipping so much with every contraction.

My OB this time thinks I may be a good candidate for a VBAC but will support whichever direction I go. I have to admit, I'm tending towards another c-section. I know what to expect, and honestly, I had a pretty good experience with the c-section last time. No complications, good recovery, and off the hard meds pretty quickly. Still thinking about it, though!

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I was all set to have a vbac until yesterday. I'm now considered high risk due to my blood pressure. My Dr doesn't want to chance something going bad so a c section it is. As long as both my son and I are safe that's all I care about.
HKing01
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I will be having my 4th c-section in March. I chose to go ahead with my second c-section when they told me I'd likely have another large baby (one of the reasons I had the first c-section) and showed no signs of labor by 39 weeks. My second baby ended up weighing 7 lbs 11 oz which made me regret my decision to go for the c-section instead of VBAC. After my second c-section I felt I had no choice.
momofnate0707
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I am going to have c-section #3 in April. My first was a failed induction. I was in labor for 15hrs and stalled at a 6. DS was getting worked up from it and his bp was dropping drastically with every contraction. They ended up going for emergency c-section when I started running a fever, had severely increased bp and started throwing up with breakthrough constractions.
I scheduled my second because I didn't want to have the same problem as I did with #1. Same reason I am scheduling this one.  

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM

First was emergency. Second and 3rd were both breech.

Saydar
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM

1st was breech and dramatically so. Even with my c-section they had trouble getting him. My doctor does not support VBAC and no hospitals in my area support it either. I thought for a while about searching outside my area but decided that there is a very high likelihood my next will also be breech (b/c shape of my uterus) so searching for a VBAC friendly facility would likely be fruitless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)