Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

You won't believe what the hospital did!!! *Pic included*

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM
  • 91 Replies
4 moms liked this

Okay I had my DD2 monday morning well this afternoon for lunch the hospital provided my DH and I a celebratory lunch to congratulate us on our new baby.  I set it up as a surprise for my DH even though i knew it was coming I didn't think it would be nearly as awesome or beautiful as it was.  Has anyone ever had a hospital do this?

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spitfire.mommy
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM
That's awesome! This is my first baby so I haven't ever had that lol. I've never even heard of hospitals doing it. Congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommieCotter42
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I never heard of a hospital doing that. So cute
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM

No, but I only had my first at a hospital. My In-laws come and for the next two days they either make or buy us food. I don't need a fancy meal after baby is born. I just want good food I love.

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Nope, i just got a cake for babys first birthday but we are moving next year. The cake would no longer be good defrosted & frozen again.
LeeBug32
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw!  That was really nice.  Nope.  My hospital just annoyed me to death.

Okie-chick
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM
When I had my daughter they sent in two giant yummy chocolate cupcakes and sparkling apple juice. I thought it was cute. When I had my boys neither hospitals did this. I guess we will find out in Febuary if this hospital does anything special. Either way I'll probably send my husband out to get something special for us. They have two nice Patisseries down n Honolulu.
sm12
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Wow that was really nice!  I did not know hospitals did this but someone I knew had her son three years ago and her dinner that evening was steak and lobster!

mrs.gosnell
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM
The hospital did it when I had my son july 4. We did ours the day after he was born.
tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM

That was so sweet of them! I'm not sure if my hospital does that, they didn't 6 years ago when we had our son. 

connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:43 PM

For my son born in December we got Christmas dinner. It was ham, potatoes, rolls, green been casserole and Christmas cookies.

My second was a March baby. We got St.  Patricks day food.

Third was a February baby. We got Steak, mashed potatoes with bacon and chives, rolls and cheesecake. They called it their Valentines meal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN