Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

1st prenatal checkup questions.

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM
  • 6 Replies
Im 8 weeks and I have my family history appointment next week and then the 9th I have my 1st prenatal checkup. I was just curios on what they do? Or does it depend on the Dr's?
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
alshink
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Well, I found out I was pregnant really late. I didn't find out until I was 12 weeks along! They did family history and an ultrasound to figure out how far along I was as well as to hear the heartbeat and make sure everything was ok. 

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM

They did blood work, took my vitals, asked me lots of questions, did a pap smear, and an ultrasound.

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM

It depends. At my first actual prenatal appointment after my confirmation, I was 11 weeks. They did bloodwork, checked my weight and blood pressure, and listened for baby's heartbeat with the doppler. They explained the "basics" to me and I was able to ask questions. It took less than 15 minutes. :)

Nela12
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
What's a pap smear? I first timer so I have questions lol I really should get a baby book

Quoting beachlove512:

They did blood work, took my vitals, asked me lots of questions, did a pap smear, and an ultrasound.

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM

It's a standard test most women get (pregnant or not) that checks for abnormal cells on the cervix. They just collect some cells by inserting a swab with a bristle type brush on it. It doesn't hurt.

Quoting Nela12:

What's a pap smear? I first timer so I have questions lol I really should get a baby book

Quoting beachlove512:

bxmommy2be
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM

tons of questions, and blood work. for me they also scheduled my next appointments and a glucose test

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)