Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pain

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM
  • 6 Replies
I wonder how badd the labor pain is ?
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Sinbunny1104
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
It's not as bad as most women make it seem, I was in labor pains for 72 hrs, the meds do help. It just depends on how much pain you can handle
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM

It does depend on how you deal with pain.

I went without meds for my last one and it wasn't so bad. The worst part was during transition.

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM
If you can relax it's not as bad. Being scared of the pain makes you more tense and makes it hurt more.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I did labor without an epidural twice. It was the worst pain I've ever been through. But it was a different sort of pain than anything else I've ever experienced. And I was able to get through it by using different coping methods. And when it was over, I was so proud of myself. It was totally worth it.

mila20
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Depends on person and how they handle pain

Quoting TeeLovesJay:

I wonder how badd the labor pain is ?

krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Depends on how high your tolerance is. I think the stretching and pushing/burning when baby crowns is worse than actual contractions. But, when i had pitocin it was pretty bad :( never want that again!  I wil say its true you forget all about it in about 2min though lol! Until your labor starts with the next one and to me it was like a flash of remeberance and i remeber saying "oh man what am i doing?! why did i do this again." baby comes and its oh ya, thats why! hehe.  breathe! and actually, i deal with pain by laughing so i literally laughed all my babies out. No joke. the nurses asked the dr if they should turn down the epi because they thought i was going crazy. the dr just looked at the nurse and said, "she doesnt have an epi...would you rather her be screaming and cussing at you?." then looked at me after and said "i'll deliver you any day!" lol.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)