Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will you be using the nursery at your hospital?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 52 Replies
I did with my first and with my third he was in nicu so I didn't have much choice.

How about you ladies?

Edit: I don't know what ill do with this baby. I may use the nursery to get a shower and maybe to take a nap but mostly the baby will be with me. I won't get any time to rest once I get home with all of the kids running around. I won't have baby sleep over night in the nursery this time because of breastfeeding.
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't plan on it. My hospital is really big on leaving the baby in the room with the parents, which is nice. :)

bebcarroll
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Depends on how I deliver (I had a c section last time so at this point the delivery for this one is up in the air. I am rather high risk, so that will also be taken into consideration) But, if I have a c section, I will have touse the nursery unitl I am no longer on morphine and anytime I am alone for the 1st 24 hrs. If not, we won't use the nursery because we will only stay as long as we have to.

Babes2626
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM

This!

Quoting JessiFaye:

I don't plan on it. My hospital is really big on leaving the baby in the room with the parents, which is nice. :)

katamike
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I don't think I will.. At least not unless it is nessessary, like if it is a boy and he is circ'd. But otherwise baby will stay with me, under my watchful eye :) I don't like sending them to the nursery.

MamaRoss87
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Im csection and the baby never leaves me or my husbands sight and sleeps with me

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM

The only time he has gone o the nursery so far-Im leaving today I had a c-section- was to take a bath...

Nee86
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I'm not giving birth in a hospital so, nope. Baby stays with me.
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I never did. They even bathed my loves in my room. The only time they left my side was for ds to get circumcised and for dd3 to pass a carseat test before they would release her due to her size.
JjcH0911
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I only had my second at the hospital. Long story short they sure tried to get her in there and did for 2.5hours with out my consent and me calling every 15-20 mins and hubby talking to the nurses. Always we will be right there. It was not till my Dr came into check on me 3 hours later. First thing I said to her was I want my baby right know. She was confused and not happy with the nurses.

If we ever have to have a hospital birth. Nope baby will be with me at all times. I know they have to do the weighting ant that in there. But we will not leave till the nurse is walking in front of us to our room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured