Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

OT: anyone ever get married without...

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 29 Replies
getting proposed to first? My boyfriend wants to wait til he can afford the ring he thinks I deserve lol not arguing with that one. That being said, we are probably just going to go to the courthouse. Anyone ever do that before? I would wear a rope around my finger for all I care lol
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CGarza19
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM

i got married at the court house. and my dd was about 2 months old. and she wore the white dress... my mil gave us there wedding rings.... its nothing huge very simple. i love it because they have been married for like 36 years i think that will bring us good luck. 

i told dh that when we are married 10 years we can have a big HUGE party and renew our vows..

CGarza19
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM

oh we just had our 6 year annaversy in aug.

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM

aww thats awesome!

Quoting CGarza19:

i got married at the court house. and my dd was about 2 months old. and she wore the white dress... my mil gave us there wedding rings.... its nothing huge very simple. i love it because they have been married for like 36 years i think that will bring us good luck. 

i told dh that when we are married 10 years we can have a big HUGE party and renew our vows..

HKing01
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM
There was never a proposal in my relationship. We dated for about 5 months and then got married at a judge's office. Our 10th anniversary is in March right around the time our 4th baby is due.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I have heard men use that as an excuse with friends of mine. They kept putting it off and putting it off and either it finally came out he just didn't want to be married and the seperated or after 10-15 yrs they still aren't married and now say why bother.

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM
he wants to get married which is why we're going to the courthouse on monday. he's a little more flashy than me and I think because all his friends got their fiancé's nice rings, he wants to do the same.

Quoting NoraDun:

I have heard men use that as an excuse with friends of mine. They kept putting it off and putting it off and either it finally came out he just didn't want to be married and the seperated or after 10-15 yrs they still aren't married and now say why bother.

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:43 PM
that makes me happy haha so do you have a ring?

Quoting HKing01:

There was never a proposal in my relationship. We dated for about 5 months and then got married at a judge's office. Our 10th anniversary is in March right around the time our 4th baby is due.
Larsbug
by Laura on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM

if you want to get married, get married. If you both know you want to then why does he need to ask :-)

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM
exactly! haha I was never one that dreamed of a big proposal anyway... he's just a tad more flashy than me and wants to do things "the right way" but I told him "I'm 7.5 months pregnant... we haven't done things the right way thus far, why start now?"

Quoting Larsbug:

if you want to get married, get married. If you both know you want to then why does he need to ask :-)

DKk0531
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Both my engagment ring and wedding band are family jewerly. My engagment ring was my great grandmas that my great grandpa made for her in 1922. My band was my grandmas. He knew he couldnt afford a ring but knew my mom had my great grandmas ring and asked to use that. My parents said ok. We paid over 200 to have it cleaned, sized, the diamonds reset and the bridge was cracked underneath. My mom also told us she had my grandmas wedding band that she wanted me to use and she paid to have that one cleaned and sized three days before the wedding lol....we eloped in vegas and didnt have a lot of time for ring saving money lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN