Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

GIANT BABY!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 22 Replies

My baby is measuring HUGE. i'm 35w 3 days today. On Monday we had our growth scan and a bio physical because she hasn't been moving a whole lot lately. They think she's not moving a lot because she's running out of room. :) It literally feels like she's going to rip me in two when she does move. She measured at 7lbs 12oz and her head and belly measurements (taken at least 7 times) were measuring at 38-39+ weeks. I realize ultrasounds can be off... I've been told about a lb either way. 

So they want me to come in just under 2 weeks and repeat it and then meet with the doctor. I'm feeling the word "induction" coming out of her mouth. I have really been not wanting to be induced or have a c section unless absolutely medically necessary. But of course now I'm at the point where these things come up and I'm getting nervous. Anyone have experience with big baby measurements and opinions.

If you want to scream at me for even considering induction (which i'm not really) or even considering not listening to my doctor... then keep on moving... nobody has time for you. 

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roserpwin32
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I wouldnt worry about the size too much. From everything I have read and heard ultrasound weights and measurements later in pregnancy are almost never right and the accuracy levels are low. Just concentrate on your birth plan and not worry about the rest. And no one should judge you if an induction is whats best for you and baby. Every mom would do whats best for her little one. Good luck Momma!

krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM
At 36 weeks my son estimated 8lbs 12oz then at 39 weeks he measured 11lbs 7oz and I had no choice I had to have a c section. At birth he was 9lbs 5oz and I feel like a c section was the right choice especially since I had a rough vaginal birth with my daughter and she was only 7lbs 11oz. Just listen to hour doctor and tell your doctor your concerns and thoughts and hopefully you guys can come to an agreement on what to do
mamav2215
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Just curious... would your doctor not let you try for a vaginal delivery or did you just not want to try because of the size? no judgments here... just curious if it was the doctor or you or both i guess. 

I'm worried that if she measures even bigger they'll tell me the same... I REALLY REALLY want to avoid a c section. The only reason I'd get the induction is to avoid her getting even bigger and then needing a c section. 

I'll be just over 37 weeks when they do my next measurement... so I am not too worried about her not being developed enough. i just wish I could induce myself... haha I've been walking like CRAZY and sitting on the birthing ball and all that fun stuff hoping to speed it along naturally, but of course that only works if you're actually starting labor. 

Quoting krystyneh:

At 36 weeks my son estimated 8lbs 12oz then at 39 weeks he measured 11lbs 7oz and I had no choice I had to have a c section. At birth he was 9lbs 5oz and I feel like a c section was the right choice especially since I had a rough vaginal birth with my daughter and she was only 7lbs 11oz. Just listen to hour doctor and tell your doctor your concerns and thoughts and hopefully you guys can come to an agreement on what to do

KelliansMom
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM
U/s measurements can be off by so much. My son was eight pounds at birth and I was told he was going to be an average small baby bc of my size.
mamav2215
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM

thanks! i REALLY don't want to be induced, but i'd rather be induced than have a baby not fit through my birth canal and then have a c section. :)

Quoting Roserpwin32:

I wouldnt worry about the size too much. From everything I have read and heard ultrasound weights and measurements later in pregnancy are almost never right and the accuracy levels are low. Just concentrate on your birth plan and not worry about the rest. And no one should judge you if an induction is whats best for you and baby. Every mom would do whats best for her little one. Good luck Momma!

mamav2215
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM

they said that because of YOUR size or because of whta he was measuring? I definitely know size of mom doesn't so much matter. my poor mom is 5'3'' and i was 24 inches... :)

but that makes me feel better! thank you!

Quoting KelliansMom:

U/s measurements can be off by so much. My son was eight pounds at birth and I was told he was going to be an average small baby bc of my size.

KelliansMom
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:35 PM
They said he was smaller bc of my size and the weights of my siblings and I at birth but I knew bc of my husbands size he would be bigger lol my husband was seven pounds and four weeks early. I will not do an induction again with this baby either at least not for a baby size guess.

Quoting mamav2215:

they said that because of YOUR size or because of whta he was measuring? I definitely know size of mom doesn't so much matter. my poor mom is 5'3'' and i was 24 inches... :)

but that makes me feel better! thank you!

Quoting KelliansMom:

wonderwomanT08
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I don't want to scare ya but the same happened to me and my baby weigh 10 pounds 11 ounces ! Is this your first?
wonderwomanT08
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and I was induced a week after his due date. Had him vag. With no tearing. He was my third. Best delivery of the three!
mamav2215
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:39 PM

yep. i just have not a lot of trust in my doctors. they rotate me around so i have not much of a relationship with any of them... so i'm having a hard time trusting what they say and if it's best for me. and of course it's my first so i'm a nervous mommy. I wasn't nervous one bit until yesterday. haha. 

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I don't want to scare ya but the same happened to me and my baby weigh 10 pounds 11 ounces ! Is this your first?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN