Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Breast Pump Opinions

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am 28 weeks pregnant with #2 and plan on breastfeeding. My insurance just informed me that I can get a breast pump for free and I am trying to figure out which one would be best. I would love your opinions!

My choices are:

Hygeia Q Pump with Tote

Ameda Purely Yours Deluxe Pump

Medela Advanced Pump

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Hygeia is the #1 pump. Ameda would be #2 and Medela is #3 as far as quality. Go to the Breastfeeding Moms group and they can help you out a lot there about pumps and anything bf related.
mamav2215
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:34 PM

just a heads up... make sure you either already did or do this... 

some insurance companies will only cover a specific pump, and most will make you get it at a medical supply store and the stores sometimes only carry specific ones. So check that before you get your heart set on one and then buy stuff to go with it and find out later it's different!

our supply store only has the pump and style so that's what I get for free. 

pinkie8986
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for the advice! When I spoke to the insurance company these are the ones they told me they will cover. They sent me to a specific website to order from and told me ahead of time the ones I was eligible for. 

Quoting mamav2215:

just a heads up... make sure you either already did or do this... 

some insurance companies will only cover a specific pump, and most will make you get it at a medical supply store and the stores sometimes only carry specific ones. So check that before you get your heart set on one and then buy stuff to go with it and find out later it's different!

our supply store only has the pump and style so that's what I get for free. 

pinkie8986
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Thank you very much for the input!

Quoting Junebaby18:

Hygeia is the #1 pump. Ameda would be #2 and Medela is #3 as far as quality. Go to the Breastfeeding Moms group and they can help you out a lot there about pumps and anything bf related.

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Quoting pinkie8986:

Thank you very much for the input!

Quoting Junebaby18:Hygeia is the #1 pump. Ameda would be #2 and Medela is #3 as far as quality. Go to the Breastfeeding Moms group and they can help you out a lot there about pumps and anything bf related.

You're very welcome! I'm on baby #4 and bf each of them but have learned so much from them that I wish I knew before I had my first.
sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I've honestly only ever heard wonderful things about the Medela, which is what I was given. 

Good luck though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN