Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant!!! On Birth Control??

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM
  • 16 Replies

Does anyone take or know anyone that takes the mini pill? I'm currently taking that and breastfeeding. Was wondering if anyone has gotten pregnant on it that was taking it as it's supposed to be? I take it same time everyday and am freaking cause I feel pregnant! I was supposed to get nexplanon inserted today but they didn't take my insurance and I didn't have $525 upfront to get it done. Was hoping to get a pregnancy test there before they inserted to be sure. Also not sure how likely it is to get pregnant on birth control. I've never had a scare in all the years I've been on it. My baby is 15 weeks old

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5PointedHuman
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:47 PM

If you've had sex, yes, you could be pregnant. Take a test

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM
^ What she said. Nothing is 100%.
Wills_Wifey
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd is a product of the pill :)
Larsbug
by Laura on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

DS1 is a pill baby..... took it like clockwork everyday too. Birth control is not 100% effective and anytime you have sex you run the possibility of getting pregnant.

Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I was nursing and taking mini pill got preg good luck but your baby is only 15 weeks right? Did u even get a period yet? My baby was almost a year when I got preg on mini pill but period didn't return yet baby just didn't nurse as much b/c of eating real food.
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I wasn't asking if I was pregnant I was asking if anyone has ever gotten pregnant while taking the birth control method that I'm currently using. Thanks for your reply anyway.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

If you've had sex, yes, you could be pregnant. Take a test

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I wasn't asking if I was pregnant I was asking if anyone has ever gotten pregnant while taking the birth control method that I'm currently using. Thanks for your reply anyway.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

^ What she said. Nothing is 100%.

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Yes my baby is 15 weeks old and I did start my period. It came back at 7 weeks postpartum although I'm exclusively breastfeeding

Quoting Mammacra:

I was nursing and taking mini pill got preg good luck but your baby is only 15 weeks right? Did u even get a period yet? My baby was almost a year when I got preg on mini pill but period didn't return yet baby just didn't nurse as much b/c of eating real food.

mattiehatter
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Lots of people get pregnant on the mini pill. Google the failure rate.
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My cousin got preggo on the pill twice however I'm pretty sure she wasn't accurate with taking it though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN