Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just got a bill from my OB for maternity services and a circ. Problem is, I'm still pregnant!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 19 Replies

Yep, my sister-in-law, who has the same name, gave birth to a baby boy on Sept 18th. Well, the office screwed up big time because they billed my insurance and not hers!  I'm 35 weeks pregnant.  Plus, we don't even know the gender of this baby so if its a girl, there will be no circ bill!  We've been pregnant together all 5 times, the office knows to be careful. Someone made a big oops! Lots of phone calls to be made first thing in the morning. Ugh. 

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren.m
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure it won't be too hard to fix since you have different birthdays and ss#'s .
Jen4boys06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I know. It's just such a pain!  And if they put her info in my records, that's going to be a headache for someone. 

Quoting lauren.m:

I'm sure it won't be too hard to fix since you have different birthdays and ss#'s .

lauren.m
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
You could just wait and see if you have a boy and have them charge her insurance, problem solved lol

Quoting Jen4boys06:

I know. It's just such a pain!  And if they put her info in my records, that's going to be a headache for someone. 

Quoting lauren.m:

Saydar
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM

It's always a nightmare with insurance companies involved. Good luck!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM
What a pain!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Wow
SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM
the doctor's office should be the one making all the phone calls not you. What a mess : /
lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Wow, i hope they fix it quickly for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM

That's ridiculous! They know that you're both pregnant and share a name so that was something that should have been monitored!

esox
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Such a pain in the butt, but kind of funny at the same time. Hope your insurance company doesn't try to fight it later if you do end up having a boy and they think they've already paid for a circ & such! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured