Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

New to the whole packiag for hospital thing for me and hubby.

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 14 Replies
Hello I'm just wondering what I should pack for me and my husband for the hospital. I'm 28 weeks and 3 days. We have decided we are going to pack it around thanksgiving that way it will be ready incase we go into early labor. We have baby's packed all ready. we don't want to pack to much just what we will need. thank you for your help.
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Toiletries- body wash, shampoo/conditioner, toothbrush/toothpaste/floss, lotion if you use it, Chapstick, hairbrush and any hair upkeep supplies you need, make up if you want to wear it, heavy flow pads or depends

Two changes of clothes for each of you

Change for vending and money for the cafeteria or delivery foods

Comfy shoes

Chargers for any electronics you will use

Books if you're into that or other forms of entertainment

Camera and extra batteries

Leave room for stuff they give you
lauren.m
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I always just take 2 outfits for me 1 for baby and my daily hygiene/beauty products. My husband can come home to shower and get changed so I don't pack him a bag. The hospital provides everything baby needs while there except for take home outfit so I don't pack a baby bag either. You'll be leaving the hospital with more than u went in with so I always make sure not to over pack.
pinkfairy0206
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM
make sure you bring your favorite pillow and blanket.I always like to have the feeling of home with me. also maybe some pictures I don't know if you have other kids, I would always bring pictures of my kids and husband
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I agree with your own pillow. Hospital pillows go flat when you lay on them. Some snacks are always good. Baby book. I always feel mine out while at the hospital and write a letter.to baby.
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I'm probably packing a duffle so it's everything in one . I'll be packing comfy clothes for me , pads , travel shower stuff (idk if they let me shower) baby outfits, spare clothes for bf cause he doesn't plan on leaving the hospital without me or baby unless for food. My boppy, spare pillow for him, my cozy blanket , my stuffed animal (don't hate) lol and my pump.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I bought travel sized toiletries so I wouldn't have to pack those last minute. You will probably want some makeup and all your regular toiletries. You should bring some night gowns or long shirts. Nursing bras, old underwear, sweats, pj's, maybe some shorts, and a maternity outfit to wear home. You will still have your belly and might be pretty swollen after you deliver. Your husband should bring a few changes of clothes and shorts to wear in the shower or labor tub with you.

Pack snacks for both of you. Camera, batteries, charger, laptop (or whatever), music, and anything from home that will be comforting to have.

Okie-chick
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I always bring my own pillows. The hospital pillows suck. I also bring my own blanket because it seems I'm always freezing
Lizzys_mommy13
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Just be sure to pack yourself some pads, because the hospital pads suck, and then pack some loose fitting clothes for you to go home in. Most hospitals have socks, but be sure to pack a pair of warm ones just in case. Toothbrush, toothpaste and hair accessories. 
For husband, if he doesn't plan to go home and change or shower or anything there, be sure he packs like he is going to stay in a hotel. Minus the shampoo, he may need to pack some of that.  

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM

This, they could give you a TON of stuff at the hospita. If you're nursing bring a nursing pillow and gown if you have them (i advise the My Breastfriend pillow) granny panties lol, comfy socks a going home outfit for you thats comfy, a pillow and blanket from home because the hospital ones usually are not too good lol

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Toiletries- body wash, shampoo/conditioner, toothbrush/toothpaste/floss, lotion if you use it, Chapstick, hairbrush and any hair upkeep supplies you need, make up if you want to wear it, heavy flow pads or depends

Two changes of clothes for each of you

Change for vending and money for the cafeteria or delivery foods

Comfy shoes

Chargers for any electronics you will use

Books if you're into that or other forms of entertainment

Camera and extra batteries

Leave room for stuff they give you

CafeMom Tickers
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I LOVE our hospitals pads lol. I always take all the packages i can find in the room home hehe

Quoting Lizzys_mommy13:

Just be sure to pack yourself some pads, because the hospital pads suck, and then pack some loose fitting clothes for you to go home in. Most hospitals have socks, but be sure to pack a pair of warm ones just in case. Toothbrush, toothpaste and hair accessories. 
For husband, if he doesn't plan to go home and change or shower or anything there, be sure he packs like he is going to stay in a hotel. Minus the shampoo, he may need to pack some of that.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)