Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone have baby with Laryngomalacia (Floppy Airway) :(

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 18 Replies

My two month old has this horrible breathing that sounds like he is always congested and snoring loud at the same time. Sme time it sounds like he is gasping for air. I took him in for his check up and the doctor happen to hear a little of it while I was feeding him. She said that floppy airways in infants is common and they grow out of it by age two.last night while my son was sleeping it sounded like it got worse so I recorded it. Part of me wants a second option. I read and researched a lot about it but I just don't want the doctors to miss something and his condition get worse. Is anyone dealing with this noisy scary breathing ? 

shrugging

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:17 AM

my daughter is the same exact way, she always sounds so horrible and like she is struggling to breath and her doctor assured us its ok also.

RhondaVeggie
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:42 AM
My friends baby had that and he needed surgery but he did have a severe case. He needed to be resuscitated because he stopped breathing shortly after birth and his breathing was labored and whistling. He's had no issues since.
funhappymom
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I've had no experience with it but here's a bump.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Nothing is wrong with getting a second opinion.

Good luck & I hope you get it figured out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM

My now 2 year old had it. She mostly outgrew it by her first birthday. It was pretty scary sometimes. And we got a lot of scared looks and questions from strangers when we had her around people. It got worse when she got upset or worked up. 

I have it on video of you want to hear it.

Moonskytiger
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I would ask to see an ENT my 2 year old has had it since birth and he sees an ENT a Plumnary a GI all for his Laryngo. I would defiantly ask about it

Moonskytiger
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Yes I realize this was posted a while ago but when he was first born the sent us to the NICU and he saw an ENT there and they had told us that while most cases arent severe they should be evaluated by an ENT to rule out anything else

TripletTwin_Mom
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Yup!!! One of the twins has it... go to copingwithlm.org great info on there! !!
TripletTwin_Mom
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:04 AM
And this! !

Quoting Moonskytiger:

I would ask to see an ENT my 2 year old has had it since birth and he sees an ENT a Plumnary a GI all for his Laryngo. I would defiantly ask about it

Moonskytiger
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 5:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I LOVE that page also a member of their Facebook page it is a group of great LM supermoms!
Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Yup!!! One of the twins has it... go to copingwithlm.org great info on there! !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)