Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Need unique and pretty girl names!

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 44 Replies

Dh and I can't agree on any girl names. He likes Mila, I like Kaida. He likes Keegin, I like Landry. We both want something that is unique, but not way over the top. What are some unique girl names that you've heard? I grew up with a Sayward and a Kitra. Those were definitely unique. 

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CelestialSong
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I think my daughter's name is unique and pretty but not over the top - it's Nova :) I'm considering Aura if this baby is a girl, even though it's awful with our last name, but to me it's such a beautiful and calm name... I tend to like names that are actual words though.

StClairsWifey
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Nova is very pretty and unique. I also like Aura, but my little kids might have a hard time saying that one. 

Wills_Wifey
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM
My cousin named her dd Attica, if we have girl her name will be Ivorie or Delilah. I also like Paige, Codi, Ember, and Allana.
Krazie4Ever
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM

My girls name are Mariah, Brienne and this baby will be Kylie.

Other unique names;

Adaria, Shayla, Orstina, Winter (I knew a girl by this name)

Candie1015
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I worked with a girl named Apple....my name is Candie so when we worked together every one picked jokes but I would say both kinda over the top. I love name like Patience, Temperance, Cadence, and Constance. They all have very beautiful meaning to them. I am haveing a boy this go round and can't use any of them.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM
My girls are Ember and Emmaline. I would say both are pretty and unique.
tansydreams
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I love the name Aletheia (Ah-leh- thee-ah)  it means truth, that which is known, and remembering.  Cute nicknames are Alli and Thea

I also love Letheia which means forgetfulness or oblivion

nathans_fiance
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I have a cousin named Alana and a sister named Zylah. I also know a girl with the name Eliza.

momma-moo
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM
If we have another girl, we've already decided on Anya. I think it's not very common and very cute :)
elly.H
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Kaliope (ka-lie-a-pee) off of Grey's anatomy. I lovr that namr. You can also out 2 names together and make your own I have a few friends that did that and their daughters names cant be found anywhere. Its pretty awesome
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN