Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Things you don't wanna hear during labor

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 114 Replies
My bf and I were joking around saying there's a list of things that shouldn't be said to me while I'm in labor

- the gender
- uh oh
- it's not that bad

Haha feel free to add on
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RhondaVeggie
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
"We lost the baby"

My nurse actually said that. She just meant the baby had moved away from the heart monitor but I could have killed her. What an awful choice of words, especially since I lost two babies in my second trimester before getting pregnant with my daughter.
karenbeth214
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I had my daughter the 17th. One of the nurses i got during labor was rude, hateful, rough, uncaring. i asked her nicely to stop hurting me. My exact words "please will you stop hurting me" She was being really rough with handling me. Her response"I'm not the one who put you in this situation so don't be rude to me." That was the last straw, i told her to leave and get me a nurse who wasn't gonna be rude & hurt me.
So that was one thing I didn't wanna hear during labor.
The next was that pre eclampsia set in & we'd have to do a c section to get her out.
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I would have killed her .

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

"We lost the baby"

My nurse actually said that. She just meant the baby had moved away from the heart monitor but I could have killed her. What an awful choice of words, especially since I lost two babies in my second trimester before getting pregnant with my daughter.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM
"its going to be another couple hours of pushing" this was during my first labor (3 total hours of pushing)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Eww what a b*tch . And yeah I wanna avoida c section too that would be something that would devastate me

Quoting karenbeth214:

I had my daughter the 17th. One of the nurses i got during labor was rude, hateful, rough, uncaring. i asked her nicely to stop hurting me. My exact words "please will you stop hurting me" She was being really rough with handling me. Her response"I'm not the one who put you in this situation so don't be rude to me." That was the last straw, i told her to leave and get me a nurse who wasn't gonna be rude & hurt me.

So that was one thing I didn't wanna hear during labor.

The next was that pre eclampsia set in & we'd have to do a c section to get her out.

tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I had a nurse pushing on my stomach after I had my son (she was getting the "stuff" out). Then she just says "Ah!! Gross!!".. I must have looked pretty concerned, because she quickly laughed, and said "You really were all baby, I can feel your spine." 

Nee86
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM
OMG! I would freak out. This baby is my rainbow baby and I would probably lose it if a nurse said that!

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

"We lost the baby"

mamatobe1989
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

oops. 

RhondaVeggie
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM
We did try to get another nurse but the place was packed. My midwife filed an official complaint. That was just the worst thing she said, she was awful the whole time. She also told me is never make it without an epidural, that was about ten minutes before my daughter was born.

Quoting rwcw89:

I would have killed her .

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

"We lost the baby"

krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Wholly crap! Did you feel that?! --what my sister said to me when she saw me tear from fron to back diagonally with my dd...YES i did, no need for a play by play!

The gender-until my dh tells me lol

after the dr checks you and your still only at 4/5cm ,,,oh see your not that far away!---um you have no idea Mr! That is so long to wait lol!

the counting to 10...makes me so mad. i can push and stop when i need to, i dont need you to count.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)