Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

8wks and spotting? update

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM
  • 34 Replies
Should I be worried? It's my 5th pregnancy and I've never spotted before. I haven't gotten into my ob, not until next week. It's brown and only a tablespoon worth with slight uterine pressure

Bright red through two pads this morning already, going to the E.R

I'm having a miscarriage.
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicole2884
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Sounds like old blood
Unless it turns red an heavy I would not worry
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be worried but I would definitely inform your OB.  I'm on pg #3 and this is the first time I have NOT spotted :)  Not spotting seems weird to me!

CjHonza
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Probably just implantation. Unless it turns red and you have bad pains, no worries. It can also be cause from intercourse less than 24 hours prior.
LavenderMom23
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM
No intercourse my scoliosis has been bad. Implantation at 8 weeks?

Quoting CjHonza:

Probably just implantation. Unless it turns red and you have bad pains, no worries. It can also be cause from intercourse less than 24 hours prior.
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:45 PM
I had that with both if mine and my daughter is now 5 1/2 years old and my son is 6 days old
LavenderMom23
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I was just thinking I did heavy lifting today, could that cause spotting?
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:45 PM

It wouldn't be implantation bleeding at 8 weeks.  If it was brown blood it's probably just old blood. Keep an eye on it and mention it to your doctor when you get a chance!

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/pregnancy/bleeding-in-pregnancy#.UkTitj_waTE

Quoting LavenderMom23:

No intercourse my scoliosis has been bad. Implantation at 8 weeks?

Quoting CjHonza:

Mama to six beautiful girls- Piper(12), Paris(10), Prue(8), Priya(5)&Kahlan(3), Arie (2 weeks old!) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

A Simply Enchanted Life

NicklPicklesMom
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes it can just be a sensitive cervix, especially since this isn't your first rodeo. If you have consistent uterine pressure and continue spotting, then you might want to see your OB, just to r/o the possible cause. I wouldn't worry yourself. It only becomes alarming when the blood is bright red and more than a tablespoon. 

samsanders
by Samantha on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I think no matter what bleeding is something you just go to the ER for. It could be nothing at all but I am never willing to take that risk.
just1morein14
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Brown blood = old blood. I wouldn't worry about it but definitely mention it to your OB. There's no need to worry too much unless the bleeding is bright red and heavy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN