Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

??? for the mommies that had/has an anterior placenta

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:04 AM
  • 26 Replies
I'm 19 weeks along with my baby boy, and during my gender scan last week, I was told I have an anterior placenta. I had a mc in March, so I worry over every little thing. The current thing is the lack of movement. I know he's ok, but it bothers me I can't feel him very much, when I felt my first two moving all the time by 16 weeks.

So, my question is this: when did you start feeling your baby move consistently?

I want to start feeling him move and quit worrying so much about him. :(
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NatyRod
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:55 AM
I have an anterior placenta also and I know how worrisome it could be specially after a MC (I also had one las November)... I didn't feel any definitive movement till about week 21-22 and they were very consistant either. DH felt a kick for the first time at 23 wks. Anterior placentas are a bit tricky when it comes to baby movement, but otherwise its completely normal.. Hang in there mama... Soon enough u'll be begging him/her to get their foot of ur right rib cage! :)
SophieLee
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Both mine were like that. Logan I didn't feel more than gas bubbles till 29 weeks and even then it wasn't huge movements or kicks. With Paige, hers was in front but lower, so I could feel it on top and to the left, but that was about really it. I felt her more and earlier since I knew what it was, but nothing cool till 22.
CelestialSong
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I felt mine at 18 weeks. She was a super mover and didn't seem to have much trouble getting through. I also didn't feel my current baby until 18 weeks even though my placenta is posterior this time. It's just different with every baby/pregnancy :) Try not to worry too much.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I can't remember when it was constant with my first two. But I know I did not feel them much at all. I know I felt my first at 16/17 weeks and second at 12 weeks. But even when you have a constant mover. When you don't feel them for a bit. It is easy to worry. You are not alone in that feeling.

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I was around 24 weeks with my second. The wait was agonizing! It was postetior the first time so it had me really worried that time.

I didn't anything before my anatamy scan around 19 weeks and I we terrified we wouldn't see him moving at all, but he totally was I just couldn't feel it.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I had an anterior placenta with my first and didn't feel movement until about 20.5 weeks. Try not to worry momma, I'm sure you saw him moving during the u/s, and you will be feeling plenty soon :)

Savvysmomma118
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I felt some internal flutters at 21 weeks. I would say I felt undeniable baby movement at about 25 weeks
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM
22 weeksfpr me but a woman I know never once felt her baby move.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I had an anterior placenta with my last baby. I didn't feel her move at all until 21 weeks. Then it was somewhat consistent, although not that much movement. I remember thinking it was weird because I could look at my belly and see it moving but not feel the baby move.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Around 6 months when I could truly feel the baby with each pregnancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)