Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hypoglycemia in pregnancy?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
any one have/ had this?

I get these weird spells when I go shopping, I thought it was just cause my dh liked to shop EVERY aisle in Wal-Mart and it was too much for me

but I went there today, just me and my youngest, I was pretty much in and out, but while waiting in the check out,I had another spell

I get very very weak, I NEED to sit down, I can feel the color drain from my face and I feel like I could pass out

today I grabbed a snicker bar and that helped a little, I grabbed a subway on the way out and I didn't feel 100% better until I got home and ate

I remember getting like this with my younger two( pregnant with #4 now) but I didn't think anything of it till today

with them I failed my 1 hr but passed my 3 hr
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I have this pregnant or not. It gets a lot worse when pregnant. What works for me...

Avoid sweets in the morning or on an empty stomach. No juice, pastries, pancakes, etc... for breakfast or if you haven't eaten recently. Eat small snacks when you can. Eat meals, don't skip.

It's the sugar that sets me off. And McDonalds. I can't eat them on an empty stomach or I almost pass out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM
thank you :)

Quoting kcangel63:

I have this pregnant or not. It gets a lot worse when pregnant. What works for me...

Avoid sweets in the morning or on an empty stomach. No juice, pastries, pancakes, etc... for breakfast or if you haven't eaten recently. Eat small snacks when you can. Eat meals, don't skip.

It's the sugar that sets me off. And McDonalds. I can't eat them on an empty stomach or I almost pass out.
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I hope it helps. It's super embarrassing for me when I have to sit down on the floor in the grocery store. :/

Quoting comptonkids:

Quoting kcangel63:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DKk0531
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Yep. Mine started with shopping in june. I was with my mom thank goodness. But she told me i completely passed out and fell through a display sign and my face was all cut up and bloody. That was the worst...totally dont remember it. Then they started happing while i was driving, so now im on a no driving policy, they happen when im in the shower, cooking, at dr appts. They suck. But my dr told me to eat salty things, or peanuts, peanut butter, eggs. They have calmed down a bit. Ugh 5 weeks left lol
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM
yeah
I've done that plenty of times, lol

or squat down for a few minutes

Quoting kcangel63:

I hope it helps. It's super embarrassing for me when I have to sit down on the floor in the grocery store. :/

Quoting comptonkids:

Quoting kcangel63:

kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:36 PM
((HUGS)) That sucks!

It's getting close to being over. Then you'll have a little squishy! :D

Quoting DKk0531:

Yep. Mine started with shopping in june. I was with my mom thank goodness. But she told me i completely passed out and fell through a display sign and my face was all cut up and bloody. That was the worst...totally dont remember it. Then they started happing while i was driving, so now im on a no driving policy, they happen when im in the shower, cooking, at dr appts. They suck. But my dr told me to eat salty things, or peanuts, peanut butter, eggs. They have calmed down a bit. Ugh 5 weeks left lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like it could be. Make sure you eat something small every hour. Avoid sugar and lots of carbs because it will raise your blood sugar then make it drop faster. Eat protein and fiber to keep your blood sugar more stable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured