Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone have both a girl and a boy? How different...

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 26 Replies

Were the pregnancies?

I have two beautiful little girls and both of my pregnancies were surprisingly smooth. I had a little heartburn and fatigue but I didn't experience morning sickness apart from maybe literally ONE day during my 9th week with both. I'm currently 8 weeks along with my third and the last two weeks have been MISERABLE! I can't get anything done- I feel like curling up in bed all day long. ALL DAY sickness is kicking my butt like crazy.

So I'm wondering, (maybe wishfully thinking) maybe this time around it's a boy? How different were your pregnancies with different sexes?

A little disclaimer:  I totally get that pregnancies differ from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy and that your experiences in no way guarentee that I will or will not experience the same thing. I'm just interested to see the patterns.

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HKing01
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 2 boys and a girl and I'm pregnant with baby#4 but we don't know the gender yet. With my 2 boys everything went great with no problems, no morning sickness or anything. With my daughter I had morning sickness for a few weeks but other than that all went well. With this pregnancy (I'm 16w 3d) no problems of any kind so far.

cuppycake91
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

With my daughter I only got nauseous for the first few weeks if I smelled fast food, onions or pizza. Other than that everything went smooth. No heartburn, puking etc. Felt flutters at 13 weeks, kicks at 20 weeks. I had bad round ligament pain later on..like close to 30 weeks I think? Crazy braxton hicks starting around the same time. 

This time I'm having a boy and almost everything made me nauseous for the first trimester I could hardly eat. I never puked, but it still sucked. I craved veggies with DD, but this time veggies don't sound good at all. I felt him moving way earlier...thumps at 10 weeks and full on kicks at 16 weeks and he is constantly moving.  I get braxton hicks every now and then..I'm 25 weeks, and I've been having ligament pain off and on almost the whole pregnancy. 

Larsbug
by Laura on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I only have 2 boys but I will say they were completely opposite of each other...good luck!!  When do you find out?

l0v3ly
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I have several weeks to go before the anatomy scan. The fun gender predictors so far are in favor of a boy but we'll see..

Quoting Larsbug:

I only have 2 boys but I will say they were completely opposite of each other...good luck!!  When do you find out?

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Sep. 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I had 3 boy than a girl...all 4 pregnancies were very similar. This current pregnancy is vastly different already though.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
My first (girl) was WAY worse than my second (boy). I was really sick with her. I gained less with my boy though, weird!
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a 5 1/2 year old daughter and a week old son :) with my daughter I was sick my whole pregnancy and I had every pregnancy symptom in the book. With my son I had some nausea and only threw up 3 times and I peed a lot. My pregnancy were completely different
sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I have a 7yo boy and am pregnant with a girl due in December.

I had no morning sickness with my son, though the smell of any toothpaste was repulsive. I craved cheeseburgers like nobodies business and had horrible hearburn.

With this pregnancy I had horrible morning sickness + food aversion (I lost 11lbs). I rarely have cravings now (I'm currenly 28wks) and when I do they're typically healthy (today I wanted scrambled eggs with hot sauce in a wheat tortilla with a bit of cheese). 

I've had some heartburn but it's not to the point where I can't sleep like with my son. 

But if you ask my mom about the differences in pregnancies between myself and my brother, everything was completely the same- EXCEPT FOR ONE THING... She had bad gas with him. lmao

VintageWife
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:51 PM

My boy pregnancies were perfect. It was like I wasn't even pregnant. My first girl pregnancy was dizziness at the beginning and heartburn at the end. This is my second girl pregnancy and I've had it all. Morning sickness, sciatica, arthritis, round ligament, etc....

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I have one of each and my pgs were pretty similar. Both pretty easy with reflux being my worst symptom starting mid 2nd tri with both
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)