Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

New here....found out today. Still shocked

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 22 Replies
I found out today I am 10 weeks along. I had a birth control issue and had been bleeding for almost a month. Twice last week and twice this week I bled a TON with large clots. So I went in today for an ultrasound to check for fibroids and polyps and surprise! The baby is fine...heart was beating nice and strong and measuring 10 weeks exactly. The bleeding is a sub chronic hemorrhage which at least this far has not effected the pregnancy. They are going to keep an eye on it but it's supposed to heal itself.

I'm still in shock....pregnancy was the LAST thing I expected to hear today except maybe a miscarriage but I really didn't even think that. We have 2 kids 8 and 4 and hadn't fully decided if we wanted more kids. We had a loss at 6 weeks in February 2012 and after that had kind of become comfortable with just the 2 kids. I'm not sure exactly how DH feels about it yet. I haven't had a chance to fully discuss it with him. I'm still to surprised to fully process it yet myself.
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren.m
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Oh wow what a surprise!! Congrats :)
Mommy_Natural
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Congrats! Mine was definitely a surprise as well. We weren't trying and I honestly thought I just wasn't going to have any more kids and I had made peace with that. Now I am excited about one more, but I definitely want this one to be our last lol.
mem82
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Congrats! 8)

mem82
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM

At least you are most of the way through the morning sickness time, right? LOL

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Congrats
Babes2626
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Congrats

NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I had no clue I was pregnant. Not a single symptom except my boobs hurt for half a second yesterday.

Quoting mem82:

At least you are most of the way through the morning sickness time, right? LOL

Crazzzytega
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Wow, congrats!
samsanders
by Samantha on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Congrats!
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Wow! That is a surprise. Congrats! I'm sure it will all start to feel more normal soon. Enjoy your pregnancy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)