Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

26 wks and going to the gym..

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 10 Replies
I work out until 7 months with my first baby who was a premie. Now hubby and friends want me stop working out. Of course I don't follow my regulat routine , going to the gym really relaxes me. Some cardio and light weights. He is freaking out really wants me to stop. :/
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
esox
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe take him to the doctor to discuss your workout plan next time you have an appointment? Did they pin point the cause of your premature labor last time?
Clemency3
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I can understand why and can see where they relate to your child being a premie with you working out. I wouldn't do it on an every day basis. I would do it like every other day or every other 2 days. However, I know working out while pregnant is a very good thing and helps in more ways than not. So with the fact of the first one I would take that into consideration and just watch how many times a week I do it and for how long. I wouldn't do it for more than a half hour-45 minutes. But that is my opinion. Gl!

CafeMom Tickers
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Is your doctor concerned?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM

It's fine to continue your normal routine (modified, of course) as long as your doc says it's fine. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I agree!

Quoting Heather2001:

It's fine to continue your normal routine (modified, of course) as long as your doc says it's fine. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamiperuana2013
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Doc says its ok just to take it easy. Everybody else is so worried....but I feel great.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM

There is no need to stop working out!! Unless your severely underweight, working too vigorously, or not hydrating well, there should be no reason to believe working out would have anything to do with premature delivery!

forsakenjewl24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:16 AM

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/2012/10/29/myths-and-facts-exercising-while-pregnant

i was just reading this. it might help you. but i would talk to your dr. maybe take your hubby man too so he can hear and ask all the questions he wants.

pregnancy due date
babies
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
mamiperuana2013
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Excellent article, thank you so much for sharing!
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I wish i had a routine like that. Maybe for our next one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)