Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Could the Dr be wrong??

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM
  • 20 Replies
Not wrong necessarily but not completely accurate. I'm 36 weeks pregnant. Yesterday I had a trauma to my abdomen. It caused a sharp pain and a few hours later some spotting. I called the midwife in call and she told me to go be seen. I went to the hospital where they did a NST and ultrasound. The NST showed 2 times where the baby's heart had a deceleration. It dropped into the 60's. My blood pasture was also only 108/40 then 102/42. The ultrasound however came out good. So I go home and go to bed. I wake up this morning still in pain. I wasn't concerned because I figured I probably bruised a muscle or something. Now, I'm still spotting, some of it bright red, some Brown mixed with mucous plug. It hasn't stopped all day. I've also now got sharp stabbing pain in my pelvis.The baby is still moving and other than the symptoms I described, everything seems fine. I'm worried that there is a possibility that something is wrong and it was missed. Do you think I'm just being paranoid?
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM

bump id be worried to

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I'd be worried too. I'd go to hospital and make them check you again. They can't turn you away and refuse to recheck.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to a different hospital for a second opinion.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:40 PM

What was the trauma. I mean baby is really well protected in there, but trauma later in a pregnancy, depending on what kind of trauma it is can cause an issue!! I would assume all is fine, but they should of given you directives when you left the hospital. Did any of it mentioned if bleeding becomes bright red? I would call them to be sure. (FYI your blood pressure is not concerning. My typcial is 90/50

Mrs.Blake12
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I would get checked again if its continuing. Do you think you may be in labor?
GwenMB
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I'd go get checked again for peace of mind. I like the idea of a diff hospital if that's an option.

Heather2001
by Heather on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Definitely get rechecked - always better safe than sorry!

GwenMB
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Update - how are you doing?

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Second opinion for sure! Doctors are human and prone to human error. Listen to that mommy instinct and get checked out again!
mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Some trauma actually takes a day or two to show up... my mom had internal bleeding not show up till 2 days later after a horrible car accident... they did a scan of her abdomen right after but didn't see anything... she went in 2 days later and had a tear in her abdomen (it w asnt huge or life threatening but it just goes to show you they CAN miss something...

Go in if your worried!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN