Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

So I'm thinking....

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 23 Replies
Of being surprised with gender of this baby?? Is there any cons and pros with it minus not knowing color cloths to buy??
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamasgotthis817
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
The neutral colored clothing is very limited because so many people find out what they are having but I think it's wonderful to wait and be surprised if you can :).
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I've thought about it but don't know if I could hold out and with as many ultrasounds as I get during my pregnancy not sure how long I'd not know lol
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I was surprised with DD1, DD4 and DS. If I had it my way I'd have been surprised with ALL of them but with DD2 the tech told us (after TELLING her we DID NOT want to know) and with DD3 DH was deployed and he wanted to know so I found out for him).   It's an amazing thing and I suggest everyone keep the gender a surprise at least once =0)

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM
3 moms liked this

We never found out with any of ours and won't for future baby's. To me there are no cons. I love not know and the excitment in labor to know soon I will know if it is a boy or girl and what name we get to finally use.

comptonkids
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
we waited with my first,I LOVED it

we decided to wait with this one(#4) and I kind of wish I knew... kind of

mainly for 2 reasons: we are having a hard time with a boy name. and we cloth diaper so I'd like to have gender specific covers, etc

for clothes, I'm only buying a very few to get us through the first couple of weeks, then we'll go out and get gender specific stuff

I really really want to limit how many clothes we get, we always go overboard and it's such a waste
Heather2001
by Heather on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I was surprised with all three of mine - best surprise in the world!

mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Eh if you really don't want to there really isn't a con... just when you go for the ultrasound let the tech know you don't want to know
mila20
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM
The thing is getting df on same page he wants to know :/

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

Eh if you really don't want to there really isn't a con... just when you go for the ultrasound let the tech know you don't want to know

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I've found out with all 3 if mine, so I don't know any different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I've known people who had one of the parents know and the other not... just tell him to keep his mouth shut...

Quoting mila20:

The thing is getting df on same page he wants to know :/

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)