Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ob is going to be pissed..UPDATE

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 35 Replies
I am 20 weeks pregnant and was told I can only gain 10lbs this pregnancy because I'm 5'0 and my weight was 180. I didn't gain any weight from the beginning til 3 months. My 4th month appointment she said I gained 7 lbs and when I got my anatomy scan done Thursday I was 201. I don't eat a lot of junk. I've eaten fresh veggies and fruit I don't get it. I'm nervous because I don't want a dr telling me how I can have my baby girl like they did my first dd. What should I do I want a vbac so bad?

Today was my appointment and to my surprise I have only gained 2 pounds so total 9 pounds in 5 months... that's not bad at all. I thank you ladies for your advice and stories. Ob says the vbac is a go right now so fingers crossed
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2be2013397
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Bump
tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Do you walk a lot? Anything you can do to help burn more calories will be good, and continue to eat healthy. 

esox
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Wait to go to the hospital until its too late to have a section?
Autumn19
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Bump
comptonkids
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM
4 moms liked this
well, it's impossible to ONLY gain 10 lbs unless you lose a ton in the first trimester

baby, placenta, mother blood volume ALONE is AT LEAST 15 lbs

tell your doctor to shove it
Heather2001
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM
4 moms liked this

Agreed.  You hired HIM to perform a service.  Fire him if he doesn't do his job and let you attempt a VBAC.  It's YOUR body.

Quoting comptonkids:

well, it's impossible to ONLY gain 10 lbs unless you lose a ton in the first trimester

mom2be2013397
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:11 PM
My husband and dd walks every other day before he goes to work. Mabey its just my body. I'm a lot smaller than I was with dd at this time with her I was about 230 and I had gestational diabetes and high blood pressure and I don't have that this time

Quoting tammy_lynne:

Do you walk a lot? Anything you can do to help burn more calories will be good, and continue to eat healthy. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babydsmommy18
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:13 PM
I'd get a new ob.
mom2be2013397
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I think she should. Its bothering me its some women who are pregnant and obese and their drs allow vbacs and vaginal births so I don't get it

Quoting comptonkids:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN