Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

My ob is going to be pissed..UPDATE

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 35 Replies
I am 20 weeks pregnant and was told I can only gain 10lbs this pregnancy because I'm 5'0 and my weight was 180. I didn't gain any weight from the beginning til 3 months. My 4th month appointment she said I gained 7 lbs and when I got my anatomy scan done Thursday I was 201. I don't eat a lot of junk. I've eaten fresh veggies and fruit I don't get it. I'm nervous because I don't want a dr telling me how I can have my baby girl like they did my first dd. What should I do I want a vbac so bad?

Today was my appointment and to my surprise I have only gained 2 pounds so total 9 pounds in 5 months... that's not bad at all. I thank you ladies for your advice and stories. Ob says the vbac is a go right now so fingers crossed
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2be2013397
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Bump
tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Do you walk a lot? Anything you can do to help burn more calories will be good, and continue to eat healthy. 

esox
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Wait to go to the hospital until its too late to have a section?
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Bump
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM
4 moms liked this
well, it's impossible to ONLY gain 10 lbs unless you lose a ton in the first trimester

baby, placenta, mother blood volume ALONE is AT LEAST 15 lbs

tell your doctor to shove it
Heather2001
by Heather on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM
4 moms liked this

Agreed.  You hired HIM to perform a service.  Fire him if he doesn't do his job and let you attempt a VBAC.  It's YOUR body.

Quoting comptonkids:

well, it's impossible to ONLY gain 10 lbs unless you lose a ton in the first trimester

mom2be2013397
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:11 PM
My husband and dd walks every other day before he goes to work. Mabey its just my body. I'm a lot smaller than I was with dd at this time with her I was about 230 and I had gestational diabetes and high blood pressure and I don't have that this time

Quoting tammy_lynne:

Do you walk a lot? Anything you can do to help burn more calories will be good, and continue to eat healthy. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babydsmommy18
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:13 PM
I'd get a new ob.
mom2be2013397
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I think she should. Its bothering me its some women who are pregnant and obese and their drs allow vbacs and vaginal births so I don't get it

Quoting comptonkids:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)