Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

mamaroo vs swing

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:21 AM
  • 9 Replies
I noticed in babies r us they have this mamaroo... I've been wondering if its truly worth it...

Mamaroo-The weight limit is 25 lbs,, it looks like even the highest setting is slow,, plugs into wall

Swing-Bulky,, hard to put together,, runs on batteries

Which do you have/prefer?
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Leila0907
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Never tried mamaroo but looks pretty cool... Most swings now have plug in option as well as battery
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I have never used the mamaroo type of swing/soother. I have used the fisher price take along swing and the fisher price papasan cradle swing. The take along was good, but we had to replace the batteries a few times and it only swung one direction... It worked great for my first, but my second hated it! The cradle swing is what my second son loved... He loved the side to side motion, music(especially the nature sounds), and being able to lay back. I liked that it plugged in so I didn't have to use batteries, but it does take up a good bit of space. I still prefer the cradle swing over the take along.

I've heard lots of good stuff about the mamaroo though.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Id rather have something that doesnt take batteries
Clemency3
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM

After googling a mamaroo (since I never heard of it) I will be using a regular swing. I am not sure that I care for the mamaroo just by looking at it. I could be wrong but I will be sticking to a swing. 

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I have a fisher price swing that I love. It plugs in and has a lot of cool features.

Rockabella
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:59 PM
You could get a mamaroo and a cheap travel size swing so you get both or look for a secondhand swing so you could save.

I wan a mamaroo bad.
nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I have the mamaroo and the highest setting is not slow at all!! My son loves all the movements. I was Leary but hubby wanted it so we got it. My son is 3 mo and loves sleeping in it. I'm glad I got it instead of a regular swing. I always had problems w the other swings
nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Forgot to add we travel with it and its so light and easy to take apart.
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Never used it but I'm getting one with this one and a swing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)