Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Question about spotting...tmi

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 5 Replies
Yesterday when I woke up there was a tiny bit of a blood stain on my underwear, when I woke up I noticed it after peeing there was no blood or anything. Later on in the day I was sorta worried still and after I peed there was no blood on my underwear or toilet paper but at bit of blood at the bottom of the toilet and that happened one other time after peeling.

Both times was just a tiny amount and no other spotting should I be concerned? Or is can that be normal? I am 20 weeks
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Probably old blood, baby's moving around and stirring things up in there. Also could be a tiny part of your mucus plug or something. I lost mine with my son 3 times (it grows back ) .... if you're not feeling any pain and it's gone now, I am going to say that you are fine. 

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM
If thetes no pain im sure your fine
Rockabella
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I never thought it could be part of my mucous plug I remember reading before that it can grow back. Hopefully that's all it is I'm not having any pain or anything and it hasn't happened anymore today so far

Quoting AllThatBabyJazz:

Probably old blood, baby's moving around and stirring things up in there. Also could be a tiny part of your mucus plug or something. I lost mine with my son 3 times (it grows back ) .... if you're not feeling any pain and it's gone now, I am going to say that you are fine. 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM

You should mention it to your doctor, but as long as there isn't more and you aren't in pain, I wouldn't be too worried.

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I had spotting with my last pregnancy at 26 and 27 weeks. The first time it was a little bit of brown blood and then the second time it was a bit heavier and pink. I called my OB to be safe and I was sent to the hospital for monitoring. Turns out I have an irritable uterus and was having contractions (everything was fine though). I'd call your OB just to be on the safe side.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)