Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccinations

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:59 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hello! I am new to the group. I am 36 weeks pregnant and would like some opinions and facts about Hep B Vaccine. My husband, nor I, are not sure of the vaccination and I am looking to get more opinions from other moms.
If you granted the vaccine, why and are you still for or against it?
If you denied the vaccine, why and are you still for or against it?
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Allinorder
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest is vaccine injured and will never be what society calls normal. Before I had my middle child I started researching them. My daughter had the hepatitis B vaccine and was diagnosed with failure to thrive in the hospital. One of the side effects of the hepatitis B vaccine is loosing appetie. Besides I do not agree with the hepatitis B vaccine. What mom is going to allow there newborn to have sex and play with dirty needles? My middle child is partially vaccinated and my youngest is not vaccinated. My youngest is never sick and is 4 and still has never had a drop of antiobiotics. I am not vaccinating the child I am carrying either. I know it is dh and I gene pool for our kids to have negative reactions to vaccines and I do not want to risk it.

caligirl7613
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
i would do some research your self online as well. you can always vaccinte later if you choose to. the hep b seems pointless to me when they aare first born unless you have hep b and they need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreamarrow
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Both my boys got it at birth and have had all their vaccinations since. I would do some research and make the most informed and best choice for your baby :).
kelly617
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a 22month old son and a 4wk old son and neither of them are vaccinated
They are both incredibly healthy...my oldest has only been sick once (with a tummy bug) and has never needed antibiotics (never even had an ear infection)

So for me I don't regret my decision to not vax at all....my friends that were pregnant at the exact same times vaccinated their children and both are sick ALL the time and seem to be behind on milestones compared to my son.

orangeshirt
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:58 PM
The Hep B vaccine is linked to SIDS. It is also extremely unnecessary for a vast majority of infants. Why expose your newborn to toxins which can harm them?
nicole2884
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM
We did not consent tothe hep b
We are delay vax'ing
Julie132
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM

The hep B is for sexually transmitted disease, only needed if the mom has the disease herself (ie. prostitute or drug user).  You can wait til your child is a teen if you really want to get it.  

The rationale for this vaccine makes no sense.  Why take a chance on adverse reactions or death for healthy babies throughout the US when only a FEW may be at risk!

My son was injured by his 15 mos. vaccines.  Here is our story:

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1466896/Matthew_s_Journey_

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured