Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Good Morning this is my first post and I could use some advice

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hello my name is Brittany. Iam (approx.) 9 1/2 weeks along. This will be my first child, my boyfriend and I are very excited yet scared to death for my pregnancy is nothing short of a miracle, let me explain... I inharited a rare and dibilitating skin disease from my mother called "Incontinetia Pigmenti" or I.P. shorthand. It is a genetic mutation located on chromosome Xq28. characterized by unusual patterns of discolored skin. The genetic transmission is X-linked dominant. Males are more severely affected than females. (Males having a 1-10 % chance at life if inharited. The disorder is caused by excessive deposits of melanin (normal skin pigment). My symptoms are more on the severe side. I had birthmarks covering 75% of my body, was 2 1/3 months premature and weighed in at 2.04 ounces. I was missing one tooth (which never grew in) Other complications include: Stoke at birth which gave me ceribral palsey, mildly, in the left side of my body; a weak bladder corrected mostly by bladder sugery. Scoliosis, lack of eyelashes, eyebrows, and sharp, small, pointed teeth. In my life Ive had approx. 35 surgeries to correct problems cause by the disease, throughout my life which are still, ongoing. This is all I can write this morning, PLEASE feel free to respond =O)

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SHOE_DIVA
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
First Congratulations!! Have you spoke with your doctor? I would think you'd be considered high risk. I hope this pregnancy goes well for you.
Clemency3
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish you luck with the pregnancy and hope all turns out well for you and the baby. Aside from the stresses related to the disease and other issues, it is perfectly normal to be scared with the first baby...especially just as much fear on your b/f as is on you. So my advice is to not underestimate the fear that will be going through him about this child as well as yourself. You guys have tons of reasons to be nervous and scared and so any "break" you can get make sure you take huge advantage of it. Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on your pregnancy! I wish you a healthy and happy nine months! Being scared is completely normal..just know this little one was sent to you for a reason. Hugs!
Brikette88
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Thank you <3

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats and hugs
Brikette88
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I have spoken to my primary doctor and shes def. aware of the risks.. Im still waiting for my first OBGYN appointment for my ultrasound. Thank you for your reply <3

Mrsjohnson2014
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats hope all goes well for you and your little one 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN