Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Have you ever had a baby manually turned upside down?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:52 PM
  • 22 Replies

I have heard it is just uncomfortable and maybe causes a few false contractions. When did you have it done? Have you ever had baby turn back in the upright position? 

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Not personally, no.  A friend of mine had an external version done around 37 weeks, then baby flipped back to breech.  She had the version done again and he stayed put allowing her to have a successful VBAC.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM
I would never do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Too many risks for my liking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrimalMom
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM

What would you do if your baby wasn't head down for labor? I would definitely want to try to turn the baby around for labor and delivery rather than get a c-section because many doctors and midwives won't vaginally deliver a breech baby. Would you prefer a c section or trying to deliver breech?

Quoting kmqw229:

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM
I would try to have a breech birth.

Quoting PrimalMom:

What would you do if your baby wasn't head down for labor? I would definitely want to try to turn the baby around for labor and delivery rather than get a c-section because many doctors and midwives won't vaginally deliver a breech baby. Would you prefer a c section or trying to deliver breech?

Quoting kmqw229:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Natural
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I did have an attempted version, it didn't work but it put me into labor and then I had to have an emergency csection. It was very painful as well, I guess if it worked it would have been worth it but it didn't work for me. My second baby was breech as well and I didn't even want to attempt it.
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Good luck finding a Dr/hospital to allow that. When my daughter was born I had 2 options 1)try the inversion and hope it worked or 2) c-section. Breech birth wasn't even an option or I would have done it. I opted for the c-section because of the risks involved in trying to flip her.

Quoting kmqw229:

Quoting PrimalMom:

Quoting kmqw229:

Donna.June
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Nope, never had it happen to me. I have read, here on CM, that some women bruised on their bellies because of it. So, it sounds painful to me.
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM
A friend tried to have it done...it was too painful and the baby wouldn't budge.
PrimalMom
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Oh, thanks for your answer! I don't know a single doc or midwife that would allow a vaginal breech birth. I'm scared to death of c sections.
Quoting kmqw229:

Quoting PrimalMom:

Quoting kmqw229:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN