Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

braxton hicks already? Should I be worried?

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 8 Replies

This is my 4th pregnancy, first two went fine (35 and 36 weeks) and I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks about 6 months ago.

I am almost 16 weeks (tomorrow) and have started having braxton hicks contractions. Is it normal to have them so early? I'll see my OBGYN tomorrow but until then just wanted to ask you ladies.

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lauren.m
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I seemed to get them earlier with each pregnancy. I only have a little over 1/2 of my cervix left due to surgery so I always went to the Dr for it right away. I was put on meds to relax my uterus. I have heard of other woman having them as early as 15-16 weeks and they were fine and went to full term without any meds. Good luck I'm sure everything will be fine :)
luvmykidsJC
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Thanks, I can't remember when I started with my other kids.

Quoting lauren.m:

I seemed to get them earlier with each pregnancy. I only have a little over 1/2 of my cervix left due to surgery so I always went to the Dr for it right away. I was put on meds to relax my uterus. I have heard of other woman having them as early as 15-16 weeks and they were fine and went to full term without any meds. Good luck I'm sure everything will be fine :)

momof2boy2girl
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I'm at 25 weeks with pregnancy number 6 (4 babies, 1 miscarriage). I've had them since about 15-16 weeks as well. No worries.
luvmykidsJC
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Thanks and congrats on #5!

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

I'm at 25 weeks with pregnancy number 6 (4 babies, 1 miscarriage). I've had them since about 15-16 weeks as well. No worries.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Yes it can be normal. One friends starts to get hers about 9 weeks with hers. All mine came around the same time. Everyone is so different.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Totally normal. However, if they become painful or you get more than 5 an hour, let your doctor know right away. 

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM

this is my third pregnancy and i got them around 16-18 weeks. it sucks lol. annoying really hehe

splatz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:07 PM

This is my 3rd baby & I got them around 16 weeks for the first time as well. It didn't even seem possible to be getting them so early! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN