Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Husbands Crazy Name Picks *FUN POST*

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM
  • 74 Replies
1 mom liked this

Thought I'd try to add some amusement to the day with this.  As soon as I told my husband I was pregnant, and he finally stopped hugging me, he started in on what he thought were good baby names.  He LOVES Chevy and Denali for a boy, and Chevelle for a girl.  I have to keep telling him you name a dog after a car...not a baby!  (Then he thought Mopar would be great too. *eyeroll*)

I think I made it worse when I told him about a guy I ran into whos' first and middle names were Chevrolet Camero.  He thought that was awesome, I was trying to get him to see it was ridiculous. 

Also have a friend who's husband tried to name their son Leonidas. 

Anyone else have husbands or SO's with interesting name suggestions?

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PyschMeh
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Haha, if only I could get any suggestions out of him! He is VERY picky, and can't come up with anything he likes. Every thing I have thrown at him he dismisses. We have came to a few maybe's though, Annabelle and Jedediah. But that's about it lol.

pregnancy due date
momof2boy2girl
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Thankfully, my husband only wanted to consider decent names.
Ajanee12
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this

As for car names, We both really like the name Nova. BUT our oldests name is Kain so we would never use it lol.

He has only ever mentioned two wierd names they were:

Envy and Snow

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I picked the boy names and my husband picked our daughter's. Only contribution I added was her 2nd middle name

Serenity Anneliese-Nicole

I think he did a good job. The middle name changed once before we actually got to use it (we had 3 boys 1st) but I think Anneliese is better than plain old Ann anyways :)
luvmykidsJC
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

That's my DH too, he hates EVERY name I have suggested from Elizabeth to Loralie from Kenneth to Mathew. He KIND OF likes the name Connor but that is as far as we have gotten.

Quoting PyschMeh:

Haha, if only I could get any suggestions out of him! He is VERY picky, and can't come up with anything he likes. Every thing I have thrown at him he dismisses. We have came to a few maybe's though, Annabelle and Jedediah. But that's about it lol.

esox
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM

My dad was set on naming one of my sisters or I (if we were boys) Dash. Now that his daughters are having babies he is suggesting we name one of our babies Dash. Sorry Pawpaw! Not going to happen! 

My SO and I have had names picked for the last 8 or so years so there really wasn't any questions or silliness. 

RunningMommaof2
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM

My dad wanted to name my brother Zed. Mom said no and his name is Cory. 

BrttanyLane
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
O I have one my husband wants to name our baby if it's a boy Remington !!

Umm no !! I'm not crazy about it !!
Okie-chick
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I won't even let my husband think of names lol. If our baby is a boy than he will take my husband middle name of John. That's it
Rockabella
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM
My hubby liked Clayton. It's not out there or anything I just didn't like for a girl he seriously suggested Marlene. It sounds like someone who works in a 50's diner
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)