Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

did anyone switch from pre natals to regular vitamins??

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 19 Replies
my prenatals have been making me awful sick this whole pregnancy i finally switched to a regular womens multi vitamin. i feel sooooo much better now. has anyone else experienced this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GCM
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I've been taking Flinstones chewables instead of the pre-natal horse pills.  The OB didn't have a problem with it and said it was fine. 

RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:01 PM
I took a regular vitamin plus extra folic acid.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I've only ever taken a regular pre-natal. I had just bought a huge bottle of very expensive vitamins and I wasn't about to throw them out! I just supplement with extra folic acid. I don't have a problem with iron or anemia, so I didn't need to supplement with that. But if you do, you might want to get an iron supplement. 

caligirl7613
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:25 PM
my dr said the xtra iron in the pre natals is probably what was really messing with me. i believe he was right because the multi vitamin i have been taking the last week or so has no iron in it and i feel much better.

Quoting LeapBaby123:

I've only ever taken a regular pre-natal. I had just bought a huge bottle of very expensive vitamins and I wasn't about to throw them out! I just supplement with extra folic acid. I don't have a problem with iron or anemia, so I didn't need to supplement with that. But if you do, you might want to get an iron supplement. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Yeah, that's possible. If you need to increase your iron intake, you can eat leafy greens or cook on an iron skillet every day (that's what I do).

Quoting caligirl7613:

my dr said the xtra iron in the pre natals is probably what was really messing with me. i believe he was right because the multi vitamin i have been taking the last week or so has no iron in it and i feel much better.

Quoting LeapBaby123:

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Try taking prenatal gummy vitamins instead. If you aren't going to take prenatals, it's important to take folic acid.

caligirl7613
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM
lol we eat fresh greens almost every day. turnip, collards, mustard, kale, spinach lol my fam loves em

Quoting LeapBaby123:

Yeah, that's possible. If you need to increase your iron intake, you can eat leafy greens or cook on an iron skillet every day (that's what I do).

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting LeapBaby123:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
New.OrleansLady
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Yea I take 2 flint stone Gummys

Quoting GCM:

I've been taking Flinstones chewables instead of the pre-natal horse pills.  The OB didn't have a problem with it and said it was fine. 

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Sound like you're good then :)

Quoting caligirl7613:

lol we eat fresh greens almost every day. turnip, collards, mustard, kale, spinach lol my fam loves em

Quoting LeapBaby123:

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting LeapBaby123:

caligirl7613
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM
well the regular multi vitamin i got has folic acid in it already. my dr didnt mention the need for an xtra folic acid supplamen when i called and asked would it be ok to switch. but i do hve my 20 week appt. tomorrow so i will just ask him then

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Try taking prenatal gummy vitamins instead. If you aren't going to take prenatals, it's important to take folic acid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN