Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

baby registry

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 20 Replies

what should you put on your list?? im a ftm and i look at everything and im a bit overwhelmed. please help

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Babies R Us has a registry check list and you can find it on their website as well....it'll give you a good starting point.
New.OrleansLady
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM
There are guides to help. First, decide if you want to breast feed or formula feed. If you want to bf - look into getting some sort of pump. I like to pump and have milk near for when I can't bf. if you're ff figure out which bottles you want. Do some research some nipples are better for if you are bf. if you're just ff then it's just what you prefer. If you don't have any furniture you can put it on the list. I know people who did that not for others to buy but for their own personal knowledge of which one they want.

Do your research and see which carsest you want out that on there.

Packs, blankets, sheets bath tubs/ sponges carriers ....swing stroller. Just whatever.

If you go to BRU you can do your registry there and scan as you walk the aisles
mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Look at a check list... you can get them almost anywhere that sells baby items
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I'd say a pac and play for sure. my kids slept in that until we could afford a crib. A stroller, a My breast friend pillow if your nursing. Glass bottles if you arent. LOTS of diapers lol. Baby sox(you never have enough!) some swaddlers if you can find any. Gowns-even if a boy they make it so nice at night and can get a diaper change without waking up baby just pull up bottom and not have to unsnap or unzip.   you will surly get a ton of blankets whether you register for them or not lol. there are pac and play matress sheets you can get and i would def. suggest those. hmmm if i think of more i'll tell you...

oh hats and mittins-for no scratching-

CafeMom Tickers
caligirl7613
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
things you dont need....wipe warmer...bottle warmer....baby jar food warmer...special baby wash cloths...a diaper stacker organizer thing that hangs on the end of a crib or changing table..infact...changing table.. dont need it.

imo pack and plays are the best things ever invented. especially the ones with the drop down insert.

imo pack and plays are the
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Yes!! I totally agree with all of this. 

Some of those lists are just overwhelming. You really don't "need" most of the baby stuff that is out there. Keep it simple & its so much less stress and money. 

Quoting caligirl7613:

things you dont need....wipe warmer...bottle warmer....baby jar food warmer...special baby wash cloths...a diaper stacker organizer thing that hangs on the end of a crib or changing table..infact...changing table.. dont need it.

imo pack and plays are the best things ever invented. especially the ones with the drop down insert.

splatz
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I'm pregnant with my 3rd and my list this time was:

Crib

Carseat

Pack n Play (lasts way longer than a bassinet and is great if you ever need to travel or even if you just plan to spend the day out at a friends/family members house and need a place for baby to sleep)

Clothes

Diapers

A few burp cloths (I'm using cloth diapers) & bibs. 

Waterproof mattress protector & a few sheets.

Baby book 

diaper bag 

fold up changing pad that can be used anywhere (I've always skipped the changing table. IMO they are a waste of space/money and not that convenient.)

Thermometer, nail clippers, etc. You can usually get these in one handy little set. 

Swaddling blankets  

Nice for winter babies: hats, fleece sleepers, car seat cover (not the type that goes under baby but the part that goes over top of the whole carseat to keep baby warm)

My want but don't *need* list:  Baby monitor (only because we have a 2 story home now & it will be nice extra security being able to hear baby), a swing, & a Ergo

I think that is about it! 

caligirl7613
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:06 PM
yea those lists can be crazy. and i have found also if the lists says you need 12 of this...well you probably need about 6. burp cloths...waste of money...they are narrow and if bby does spit up it usually doesnt end up on them...use a blanket (like the kind they wrap the baby in in the hospital) or a bath towel.

To OP this is your first...everyone will get you WAY more than you need ans as a FTM you will obsess and worry still. its ok, and normal. but by baby number 2 or 3 you will be like half all that junk ws a waste of time and money.

Quoting splatz:

Yes!! I totally agree with all of this. 

Some of those lists are just overwhelming. You really don't "need" most of the baby stuff that is out there. Keep it simple & its so much less stress and money. 

Quoting caligirl7613:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
New.OrleansLady
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Why Glass?

Quoting krusesbaby:

I'd say a pac and play for sure. my kids slept in that until we could afford a crib. A stroller, a My breast friend pillow if your nursing. Glass bottles if you arent. LOTS of diapers lol. Baby sox(you never have enough!) some swaddlers if you can find any. Gowns-even if a boy they make it so nice at night and can get a diaper change without waking up baby just pull up bottom and not have to unsnap or unzip.   you will surly get a ton of blankets whether you register for them or not lol. there are pac and play matress sheets you can get and i would def. suggest those. hmmm if i think of more i'll tell you...

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I was always told glass sterilizes better. Also, if for some reason they get lost with milk in them they dont stink to high heaven after cleaned. My sil always used glass for these reasons. I can not tell you for sure though since i never used bottles

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

Why Glass?

Quoting krusesbaby:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN