Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

male ob vs female ob...

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you prefer male or female ob/gyn?

I have 3 kids
1-sdd
1-dd
1-ds (born tmw)

I had a male ob with my dd... I started out with a female ob this time but switched to a male ob at 22 weeks...

I actually prefer males to females... the men have more compassion then the women I think...

Your thoughts?
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I have only had a male. We have one female ob here in town. She is not that great.

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I have a male OB and his nurse practitioner (also my midwife) is a woman. I dont think i mind either way lol. the OB is cuban and so nice and a little metrosexual i think, maybe that helps?

misstaylor85
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM

My male gyno said "whatever you want is fine by me" soo yea I'm going with him verses the women dr's who all had the do it my way attitude.

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

To your thing about compassion. I could see a female OB that has never had kids, maybe she cant, not be as compassionate because she hasnt been through the pain. Now a man on the otherhand just knows the pain level he sees and thanks his lucky stars he never has to endure it lol

mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
The woman I saw wasn't so great either... I thought well she's a woman she should be able to understand but she was very condescending... the males seem so much nicer

Quoting connorsmama06:

I have only had a male. We have one female ob here in town. She is not that great.

mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Omg I swore to my husband that I was gonna buy that machine that allows men to feel labor pains... he saw the video of the guys and was like no that's ok

Quoting krusesbaby:

To your thing about compassion. I could see a female OB that has never had kids, maybe she cant, not be as compassionate because she hasnt been through the pain. Now a man on the otherhand just knows the pain level he sees and thanks his lucky stars he never has to endure it lol

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM
My male ob with my daughter was kinda a dbag. Although, so were a couple of the women in that practice. Thank heaven, the cool doctor, who was a woman delivered her!
I go to an all woman practice now and they are great! I think it depends on the office.
momofnate0707
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:05 PM

agreed! 

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM

omg i saw that! my dh would be like, it isnt that bad hook me up. I bet he'd get to medium-right before transition- and be like take it off!

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

Omg I swore to my husband that I was gonna buy that machine that allows men to feel labor pains... he saw the video of the guys and was like no that's ok

Quoting krusesbaby:

CafeMom Tickers
jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Some people say they choose female so she will "know what you're going through" and blah blah blah, but in our area, the only female OBGYN's are total bitches! When my SIL had a baby in our hometown many years ago (our nearest hospital doesn't deliver babies, but it was coming to fast to make the 2-hr drive) the female doc on duty was shoving her whole hand forcefully up into her vag to "turn the baby." SIL was screaming bloody murder, it was brutal! This doc had several kids...you would think she could be a bit more gentle, but no...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN