Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

TMI sex ?

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 13 Replies
Ill tell you a little history first

I miscarried sept 2012 at 3 weeks.

Idk if that has anything to do with this..

When I was almost in my 2nd trimester my fiancé and I had sex in the afternoon...I was kinda rough on top but not something I'm not used to...at 9 or so am I go to the bathroom and wipe and I have a big blood clot I'm crying thinking I miscarried and I'm a fuck up and so on...well I was either goin to the er or the ob and 1 of my ob was in and well she has a very Spanish accent I can't understand btw...but anyways she checks me with the probe and there's a "blood line coming from my uterus and out" I that makes sense. She swabs me and makes a appointment to see a high risk dr. The next day I go to the er cause I'm still clotting idr if I was in pain but they checked and I was fine. Then my high risk appointment...he to sum it up told me that she was wrong and it's the lining of my uterus it's slightly tilted (my moms is severely tilted) and I'm fine but he would like to keep seeing me

I've seen him over 3 times now and he always says I'm fine

Well something I was thinking about today was my 2nd ob never called me about the swabs...i get that it was a month ago but I want to have sex damnet! I won't get a call till tomorrow from my 1st ob (she works with the 2nd ob) and in goin to ask her about it since I don't see her till 2 weeks

My question is..what do you think about all this? Ever had it happen? I'm scared to have sex or do anything sexual cause I'm scared ill kill the baby ik that sounds ridiculous but I do t want to fuck this up like I do everything else in life
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM

He doesn't sound overly concerned.  Just call again and ask.

caligirl7613
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:36 PM
im sorry you lost a baby :( i agree he does not seem too worried but you could just ask him, hey is it ok for me to have sex..

Quoting Heather2001:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMossyOak90
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:47 AM
So embarrassing tho. I don't know how I'd go about it without sounding ridiculous

Quoting caligirl7613:

im sorry you lost a baby :( i agree he does not seem too worried but you could just ask him, hey is it ok for me to have sex..

Quoting Heather2001:

caligirl7613
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:04 AM
ur right it is. i would be sooo red in the face and prob looking at the floor and stuttering. but also, hes a dr nd has prob heard much more weird stuff

Quoting MissMossyOak90:

So embarrassing tho. I don't know how I'd go about it without sounding ridiculous

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Heather2001:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamav2215
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM

i would just call your high risk ob and ask if you can have sex.  it's not uncommon to have blood in the second trimester after sex. i do almost everytime. i freaked out the first time... now not so much. 

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Dont be emberrased about asking. A lot of high risk pregnancies are told to abstain from sex because the orgasam can cause contractions. I was told no sex because i had a little bleeding after with my first child and then preterm labor. I had her at 36 weeks. It is a very reasonable question. I'd just call and say "I was never told if i was supposed to be on pelvic rest*what they called it lol* and not have sex or not. Did the doctor note anything in my file?"

CafeMom Tickers
LilliesValley
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Just ask the high risk doc if it is okay to have sex. No big deal. I went from April to sept with zero sex bc I had a cerclage in, and I'm allowed nothing, can't be turned on or anything. So it is possible. I also had the same with dd1. You just want to make sure you are ok for sex. If you are still seeing the hr doctor then you are likely considered hr and that sometimes means no sex. So put a call in to him and go from there. if the swabs were bad they would have called you to let you know too btw.

lifeforchrist
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM

you should call and ask and be prepared for the red light on sex. It can be a long road

MissMossyOak90
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Ok thanks

Quoting krusesbaby:

Dont be emberrased about asking. A lot of high risk pregnancies are told to abstain from sex because the orgasam can cause contractions. I was told no sex because i had a little bleeding after with my first child and then preterm labor. I had her at 36 weeks. It is a very reasonable question. I'd just call and say "I was never told if i was supposed to be on pelvic rest*what they called it lol* and not have sex or not. Did the doctor note anything in my file?"

MissMossyOak90
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Cerclage in?

Quoting LilliesValley:

Just ask the high risk doc if it is okay to have sex. No big deal. I went from April to sept with zero sex bc I had a cerclage in, and I'm allowed nothing, can't be turned on or anything. So it is possible. I also had the same with dd1. You just want to make sure you are ok for sex. If you are still seeing the hr doctor then you are likely considered hr and that sometimes means no sex. So put a call in to him and go from there. if the swabs were bad they would have called you to let you know too btw.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN