Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

hormones? depression? both?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM
  • 5 Replies

Im having a hard time lately.  I hate how Im feeling and reacting its insane.  I don't know if its just crazy hormones or depression or both.  Im 7mo pregnant with ds2 and happy about it.  I can't wait to meet him and hold him.  I just don't know if how Im feeling is because I have a lot on my plate and the hormones are taking over. My ds1 is special needs and he will be 3yr this month.  So handling him and all that he needs is hard and this month we have a lot going on with him.  I just have so much to be happy and grateful for that I get furious for feeling soo sad.  My dh is great and Im very lucky to have his support with our son.  The smallest thing sets me off and I just want to go to bed.  I feel like I just want to be alone.  I cry a lot and I get angry sooo fast.  When Im sad over something I realize how insane Im being so I get even more upset because I can't help how I feel.  Every day I wake up thinking today I will be better and it doesn't happen.  Im getting nervous I don't want to have PPD.  DH works 5-6 days a week so I'll be in charge of the boys and lets face it who has time to be depressed with a 3yr and new born.  I keep thinking once I get thro this month I'll be a lot better.  This month brings a lot of extra stress.  My ds1 is going thro tests and starting his special-ed preschool.  Im rushing to get an in-home aid in place because his therapy stops once he's 3yr so I need to find a replacement.  Im getting all his forms together for ssi and just handling his every day struggles is weighing me down.  Once he starts his school which will be Oct 28th and we get his in-home aid in place I feel like he and I will be in a better place til then I feel like everything is up in the air and a bit chaotic. Has anoyone else felt happy and excited to meet their new baby but just depressed and sad over the rest of their life.  I feel like I have zero patience.  Is any of this normal?  Does feeling like this now put me at a higher risk for PPD?   Thanks for any advice or support.  

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lauren.m
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I was like that with my 3rd pregnancy and am starting to get that way again already and I'm only 10 weeks. I had two kids 1 that had just turned 4 and one turned 3 9 days before I gave birth to twins last time. I was so afraid that I was going to have PPD but once I had my babies and my other 2 came to the hospital and got to meet them everything started to fall into place and i got better. I'm sure you are just overwhelmed and will be fine once everything gets straightened out and you have a routine for your 3yo again :)
MybabyKisses
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I would talk to your doctor. Antepartum depression is very real and you have a higher chance having ppd if you have antepartum depression. I had it with my last pregnancy starting around 7 months. I did end up have severe ppd with anxiety too. 

drmkj
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:52 AM

im in the same situation... plus i dont have friends to talk to here.. if i did i feel i would be happier...

charley31
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I have friends but telling anyone how I feel, I feel like I get judged. Like they look at me and blow off my feelings just thinking I'm hormonal. Perhaps they're right but I'm just soo emotional. Hugs to you!!! Hope you feel better.

Quoting drmkj:

im in the same situation... plus i dont have friends to talk to here.. if i did i feel i would be happier...

drmkj
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Thanks but this is all part of pregnancy. First pregnancy I missed my husband like anything. We were in two opposite poles of the world and now he is with me and I am nagging. That day I cried so much. Thank God he understood.

Keep in touch. It means a lot to have support around

Quoting charley31:

I have friends but telling anyone how I feel, I feel like I get judged. Like they look at me and blow off my feelings just thinking I'm hormonal. Perhaps they're right but I'm just soo emotional. Hugs to you!!! Hope you feel better.

Quoting drmkj:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)