Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

New to this group/Pubic Symphysis

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi Ladies!

I am pretty active in my March 2014 group (I am 16w4d with our first) and posted this post in there, and a mom told me to come in here and ask. 

Okay, who's had it? I know I talk a lot about this but I need some relief. I know there is no real "help" to get. Im going to try out a chiro (I went yesterday for the first time and it hasn't relieved any pain yet) and I am going to Physical Therapy in two weeks, and I am going to start Pregnancy yoga. I am looking into buying a belt too. But OMG! I am sitting down all day at work today because standing up at all SUCKS. It's like a ton of pressure and just pain. I've never felt anything like it. Two days ago I had some relief so I was hopeful but it's making up for it today and it did yesterday! I'm afraid I will never get back into the gym until after baby.

I went to go buy a synthesis maternity belt (desperation- I don't even know how much they cost but I researched and it's really the only belt that has high ratings). Of course you can only buy it on their website and they are currently "moving their business" so they currently aren't selling any. I about screamed at my computer screen! 

If you had it, how did you feel? My doctor told me Monday it could either be that or just muscle, joint, and skelital pain. whatever it is, SUCKS!  

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BeFit-Mom
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Pubic Symphasis Dysfunction is a result of too much laxity, which allows movement, at the pubic bone. Normally this joint does not move.

Do NOT try to stretch the joint. When dealing with instability, the last thing you want to do is move it more. Wearing a belt is a good idea. You should be able to find other products that you can try.

PSD is felt right at the mid line, and as you describe, gets worse when standing, walking, etc. A muscle pull is felt up under the pubic bone, but off the side a bit. It won't hurt until you use the muscle. From what you describe, you do not have a muscle pull.

You should be able to take Tylenol to releive the pain and reduce swelling, ask your Dr. about this.

To protect the area, always use the "log roll" technique when rising from the floor, or getting out of bed. To view a video demo, google my screen name, then choose Diastasis Recti from the pull down menu.

BeFit-Mom

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I had it with all mine. I saw a chiropractor and my second we added a massage therapist. Yes it will never take it all away but at least be manageable.

Both of them showed me and my hubby things we can do to help.

I tried the belt and it made more pain. So I was better without one. Everyone is different with this.

It is amazing how after baby or shortly after it is gone.

Emma.seabourn
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Thank you! I want to also add massage therapy, but who wouldn't?! :)

I am going to give the belt a try- with some I heard wonders with others no help at all. Thanks for the info- march can't come soon enough!

Quoting Raeann11:

I had it with all mine. I saw a chiropractor and my second we added a massage therapist. Yes it will never take it all away but at least be manageable.

I tried the belt and it made more pain. So I was better without one. Everyone is different with this.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Your welcome, both also recommending the birthing ball too. That takes a lot of pressure of your hips. I did what I could and was comfortable. I loved figure 8's, bath and forth, circles, front and back. Some like to bouncy a little but it hurt when I did that.

I hope you feel better soon.

My most favorite thing was when my hubby would push on the side of the hips in. My chiropractor and massage therapist also showed him how to do it. He had to hit the right spot or it hurt.

Quoting Emma.seabourn:

Thank you! I want to also add massage therapy, but who wouldn't?! :)

I am going to give the belt a try- with some I heard wonders with others no help at all. Thanks for the info- march can't come soon enough!

Quoting Raeann11:

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope you feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zandizane
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I had it with my last pregnancy. The most painful thing ever! Have your ob write you an rx for a Si-Loc belt. You get them from medical supply stores.
Emma.seabourn
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
No he didn't. I think the physical therapist might...but I just bought a belt online it might be that one. Hopefully I get it soon!

Quoting zandizane:

I had it with my last pregnancy. The most painful thing ever! Have your ob write you an rx for a Si-Loc belt. You get them from medical supply stores.

Emma.seabourn
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Thank you!

Quoting kmqw229:

I hope you feel better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN