Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Embarrassed but... advice on this plz... UPDATE!

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:38 AM
  • 25 Replies

I am only 26 weeks pregnant, and believe it or not. I feel super super embarrased for saying this, but I feel super pregnant! I work 5 days out of the week and I am a full time student at my local college. I have a bad knee, where my ligaments will not hold my knee in place. And when my knee pops out it's really hard for me to walk. I slipped on water at work when I was three months and my knee came out of place ever since then my knee has gotten worse. The weight isn't making it any better. Yesterday I fell in the shower because my knee popped out, and I am afraid this won't be the last time. The long 8 hour shifts at work make my feet so swollen that my shoe bands ripped, working fast food at a truck stop is extremely busy and stressful, and on top of that I have school. Do you ladies think that if I explain all this to my doctor she will give me some kind of note saying I can't work anymore, or even like my leave already? Or is it to early? I just know all of this isn't good for the baby either. What should I do? Oh and on top of all that my anxiety and depression have been going haywire..

This is my first baby. Im 26 weeks

My doctor actually did take me off, not because of my knee but because of the fact that I've been to the hospital 3 times because of cramping and back pain! Thanks for all the advice. I still don't know if I will get paid for it. I probably won't but I have to try. My boss was pretty okay with it, but I have to request the leave from the big guys, so we will see what happens after that! 

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilovemybbgrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I'm 31 weeks & having my own crap going on & my doctor said nope not till 36 weeks :(
babybumpjayy
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:55 AM

so unfair. i dont even want to ask anymore

HungryForTruth
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I think you should talk with your doctor. 

babybumpjayy
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:04 AM

should i tell her exactly what I wrote in this post?

Quoting HungryForTruth:

HungryForTruth
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Yes, I think so. It's best to be honest with your doctor. Can you go see a "regular doctor"? Not sure an obgyn could help you with your knee problem. 

VintageWife
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Yes

Quoting babybumpjayy:

Quoting HungryForTruth:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jae414
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Each doctor is different. Some will go ahead and put you on maternity leave if they think it's dangerous for you or the baby to continue to work. Others will be a royal pain in the neck and refuse. You'll never know what she'll say until you ask. Good luck! And I hope the knee gets better!!!

Quoting babybumpjayy:

Quoting HungryForTruth:

babybumpjayy
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Well I've had this problem for years now, my regular doctor just said I have to wait it out to see what and when I need surgery for it.

Quoting HungryForTruth:

Yes, I think so. It's best to be honest with your doctor. Can you go see a "regular doctor"? Not sure an obgyn could help you with your knee problem. 

caligirl7613
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:12 AM
go ahead aand ask. it cant hurt. my OB last time i was preggo gave me off time whenever i asked and didnt ? it. i may ask for 2 days or a week or 3 weeks at time. he said if i felt me n baby needed the rest, well we needed the rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybumpjayy
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:15 AM

I most def need alot of that. I get about 3 hrs of sleep becasue of my schedule. Studies, morning shifts and school. But what worries me is my knee. I fell once at work already cuz of it. I just dont want it to happen when I am bigger.

Quoting caligirl7613:

go ahead aand ask. it cant hurt. my OB last time i was preggo gave me off time whenever i asked and didnt ? it. i may ask for 2 days or a week or 3 weeks at time. he said if i felt me n baby needed the rest, well we needed the rest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN