Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bloody show? *WARNING PIC INCLUDED*

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 25 Replies

Mobile Photo

For the last 3 days I've been losing just clear mucousy discharge and today I got this...could this be the "bloody show?" Since I've lost this I've been getting sharp pains down below and none stop back pain...how long after you lost this did you go into labour? Any advice helps thanks ladies ♡♡
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Yeap its your bloody show based on the pains. Women get confused about actual bloody show. Bloody show occurs as your cervix starts to dilate from 3-10 cm during actual labor. It is the onset and you should start labor shortly after you see your blood show, if not already in labor.

I myself had hoped what I was seeing was my blood show, but unfortunately that wasn't the case :( I had mucusy discharge with brown blood. But no labor!

Anyway good luck hun! Sounds like you should be delivering soon

Luvelaughlove88
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Thanks! But it's constant back pain you think think this could be labour? I'm so confusesd lol but the paim is almost taking my breath away

Quoting NoraDun:

Yeap its your bloody show based on the pains. Women get confused about actual bloody show. Bloody show occurs as your cervix starts to dilate from 3-10 cm during actual labor. It is the onset and you should start labor shortly after you see your blood show, if not already in labor.

I myself had hoped what I was seeing was my blood show, but unfortunately that wasn't the case :( I had mucusy discharge with brown blood. But no labor!

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM

It sounds like back labor! See if you can time them

Quoting Luvelaughlove88:

Thanks! But it's constant back pain you think think this could be labour? I'm so confusesd lol but the paim is almost taking my breath away

Quoting NoraDun:

Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Your prly having back labor!  That's bloody show!  Congrats baby time soon!  Call dr start timing the pain

Baby3thinkpink
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
That looks like part of the mucous plug, I would go get checked just in case. Even if its not youll feel better knowing.
Luvelaughlove88
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I'm not really feeling contractions just none stop back pain and sorry for tmi but I'm having diarrhea too is this normal? I had my son 7 years ago I was 17 and do not remeber anything

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting Luvelaughlove88:

Quoting NoraDun:

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:38 PM

It can be common and normal to have diarrhea on the onset of labor (your body preparing) if your concerned you can always call your Dr. If your trying for a natural birth then I would hold off and avoid the hospital awhile. But its all in what you want. If ever in doubt a phone call doesn't hurt!

Quoting Luvelaughlove88:

I'm not really feeling contractions just none stop back pain and sorry for tmi but I'm having diarrhea too is this normal? I had my son 7 years ago I was 17 and do not remeber anything

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting Luvelaughlove88:

Quoting NoraDun:

Luvelaughlove88
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Thanks :) I think ill hold off for a bit and just try and relax ♡♡♡ fx that this is really it!

Quoting NoraDun:

It can be common and normal to have diarrhea on the onset of labor (your body preparing) if your concerned you can always call your Dr. If your trying for a natural birth then I would hold off and avoid the hospital awhile. But its all in what you want. If ever in doubt a phone call doesn't hurt!

Quoting Luvelaughlove88:

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting Luvelaughlove88:

Quoting NoraDun:

Luvelaughlove88
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM
What do you mean part of?

Quoting Baby3thinkpink:

That looks like part of the mucous plug, I would go get checked just in case. Even if its not youll feel better knowing.
cheetah90210
by Mrs.jones on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Not sure mine didn't look like that at all it was reddish pink and alot and came right before time to push
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured