Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How much did your Midwife cost?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

What was the total cost after it was all said and done? I want a hospital birth but midwife prenatal care. I want to try for a natural birth but im nervous about it. I want to have the option of epidural.

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I owe $600 out of pocket for my Midwife and $500 out of pocket for my Doula

Midwife total cost without insurance is $3000

Doula doesn't take insurance so her total cost is $500

Click_Queen
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats not bad at all.

Quoting NoraDun:

I owe $600 out of pocket for my Midwife and $500 out of pocket for my Doula

Her total cost without insurance is $3000

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Midwives run about 4500 here. A hospital midwife will cost the same as the OB who works with her,
CelestialSong
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I go to a small CNM practice that is covered by insurance. They attend hospital births, but run their own practice separate from an OB, and are very natural minded. I'm not even sure how much they cost because it's completely covered for me.

All of the homebirth midwives I looked into around here were anywhere from $3500-4500.

Birth centers were a little harder to calculate because insurance did cover some of that so although the out of pocket cost was lower they still had a higher fee. I saw a group of CPMs at a birth center for the first half of this pregnancy and my OOP cost for a homebirth would have been at least $2500 and at least $1500 for the birth center. Plus a $600 "reservation fee" to "save my due date" that was out of pocket as well.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
My first was at a free standing birth center. Totally it was $3800. My third was a home birth and it was $500. For both includes a appointments from beginning to six weeks, baby care, any external visits too.
RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM
$500 copay, same as an OB would be.
caligirl7613
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM
idk about midwives because my state wont license them but my OB charges 2500 for a vaginal birth, this includes all routine prenatal visits, delivery and your 6 week post partum. if you have a c section its 2900. thankfully my insurance covers everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:51 PM

My hospital midwives were covered by insurance. My home birth midwife cost 2500$ at the end of the day. 

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM
The birth center I'm delivering at (with midwives) charges $6,800 at 0% coverage. I, thankfully, am covered at 100%, or else there is no way I could afford it.
PoodleMum
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:43 AM

$2500 for everything, prenatal, birth, and postnatal care

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN