Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Isn't it supose to get easier each time??

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 50 Replies

Hello Ladies!!  My name is Trista and I'm new to the group.  

So...I'm curious on what all you have to say about my little curiosities.  I gave birth to my gorgeous twin boys when I was 18 in 2003.  In 2006, I had a baby for my parents (I have 2 step sisters, but I was the only baby my mom was able to have and she's always wanted another, so I had one for her).  Now...I got a big surprise, I'm pregnant.  I'm almost 8 weeks. 

I've always assumed that each time you go through a pregnancy, your body gets used to what it's supose to do and what not...So, I figured this would be a breeze.  HA!!  I found out when I was 4 weeks after a few days of constant rushes of nausea and a bit of fatigue.  My twins will be 11 by the time the baby is born, so there is a HUGE age gap there lol...and it's been 7 years (including the baby I had for my parents) since I've been pregnant.  However, I thought that my body would already be prepared for this.  I'm not even 8 weeks yet, and this is the most ridiculous first trimester out of all 3 pregnancies!  I'm always nauseated, for the last week or so, I've been so tired and sleeping way more than what I would prefer to be sleeping, and I've gained more weight than I would prefer...I've gained 22 pounds in the last couple of weeks.  My OB says that I'm retaining a lot of water, and since my body has been through pregnancy, it already knows how to get ready and that's what it's doing.  

I'm just curious if you ladies have had easier or harder pregnancies...and if symptoms have started earlier than before on your third pregnancies?  I'm worried about how difficult it's going to be in the next couple of weeks =/

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM
For me - each pregnancy us different. Some symptoms are worse, but some are better.

Hang in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
And welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HKing01
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM

From my experience it does not get easier. I am pregnant with my 4th and it seems like it is harder on my body each time. I haven't had any major issues or anything but just the aches and pains have been worse with each.

Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Thank you for the welcome =D  

I know each pregnancy is different, but goodness lol.

It sounds like I'm following in your footsteps HKing lol.  I just wish the strong symptoms would have waiting until I was at least 2 months.  A little nausea here and there, even a couple of heavings over the toilet and a couple of nights a week to where I'm dead tired and sleeping all of the time.  But pfft, this baby is grounded for the first year lmao ... jking :)  

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM
My last pregnancy was my fifth, and it was def. harder than my others.

Congrats on your pregnancy!
Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Aww thank you =D  I'm hoping for a little girl 

Mommy_Natural
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM
This is my third pregnancy and it has been my hardest so far! I don't know if my body is getting tired of pregnancy or what, but it hasn't been very fun lol.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Each pregnancy is different!

caligirl7613
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
yep same for me. im 20 weeks and its been way more horrible than my other 2. getting up to pee is hard. i have had no complications that would put me as high risk but this whole 20 weeks i have felt awful

Quoting Mommy_Natural:

This is my third pregnancy and it has been my hardest so far! I don't know if my body is getting tired of pregnancy or what, but it hasn't been very fun lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livingforthem83
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:02 PM
I am pregnant with baby #5, but there is an age gap between 2 and 3 of almost 9 years. But I have always had relatively easy pregnancies. I must say that they get more emotionally draining each time, my hormones are going crazy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)