Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was your second pregnancy after having a horrible first one?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 75 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'll just say I am very lucky to be alive. I gave birth a little over a month ago. My baby is a preemie, but now he is home doing wonderful. I am grateful for his life every moment.
I really wanted to give him a sibling in the future. But after all the complications, I am scared to try again and go through what I went again. I just want to be able to be healthy to take care of my beautiful family.
Did you dare to get pregnant again after a challenging first experience?
What made you try again?
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabby21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:24 PM
2 moms liked this

o mama im sooo sorry...im glad he is home now tho..and congrats on the bundle..peanut was born at 34 weeks and i had the WORST pregnancy with him it was unbielievable (cant spell) we are expecting our second...and i have to say I AM FEELING GREAT! i have GREAT bp and i have min. swelling....but i can see my anckles....i thought it was going to be worst because i had issues since the day we found out with my first....the only thing i can say is every preg. is diff.....enjoy that little peanut they grow up sooooo fast :(

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Arib107
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:31 PM
heyy I didn't know you were expecting again !!

Quoting tabby21:

o mama im sooo sorry...im glad he is home now tho..and congrats on the bundle..peanut was born at 34 weeks and i had the WORST pregnancy with him it was unbielievable (cant spell) we are expecting our second...and i have to say I AM FEELING GREAT! i have GREAT bp and i have min. swelling....but i can see my anckles....i thought it was going to be worst because i had issues since the day we found out with my first....the only thing i can say is every preg. is diff.....enjoy that little peanut they grow up sooooo fast :(

tabby21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM

lol yup...we found out in july when i was litterally 2 weeks prego!

Quoting Arib107:

Quoting tabby21:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Arib107
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
aww I completely understand how you feel , dd was born at barley 34 weeks and was in the nicu for awhile. It really made me feel like I didn't want to risk it again etc etc.but now dd is a very energetic HEALTHY one year old, and honestly I wanted another when she was 10m so here I am 6 weeks pregnant! lol congratulations on your little baby and once you see him grow and interact im sure you will consider another (:
Arib107
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:42 PM
lol I just found out tuesday 6 weeks yay

Quoting tabby21:

Quoting Arib107:

Quoting tabby21:

tabby21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM

lol AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH CONGRATS MAMA!!!! that is soo exciting...im glad to see im not the only one anymore lol i was feeling lonely lmao when are you due?

Quoting Arib107:

Quoting tabby21:

Quoting Arib107:

Quoting tabby21:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Arib107
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:48 PM
congratulations to you too, im very happy for you! how many months apart are they going to be? I know I thought I was the one and only lol

Quoting tabby21:

lol AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH CONGRATS MAMA!!!! that is soo exciting...im glad to see im not the only one anymore lol i was feeling lonely lmao when are you due?

Quoting Arib107:

Quoting tabby21:

Quoting Arib107:

Quoting tabby21:

ashleywheeler13
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM
2 moms liked this
I had my dd at 24 Wks 1lb 7oz . The pregrancy was fine until I went into labor. I am currently pregnant due in jan. Been a couple complications but all been taking care of :) as today I am 25 Wks! And still going.

Dd and this baby will be almost 5yrs apart. It took us awhile to be ok ttc . And go threw another preg.
GL hon!!! Everything will work out
MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww, congratulations!! ;)

Yes, I am trying again after three 2nd trimester losses. I know it wont happen every time and we want to add to our family. :)

AMCMSM
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM

With my first I was in a bad car accident at 5 months. I had awful morning sickness for months. like laying in the bathtub with the shower going throwing up several times a day. At 7 months I contracted E. coli and was hospitalized for a while. I was induced due to high BP. Thankfully even though I was a complete mess dd was totally fine. This time has been a breeze... I'm due nov. 23rd. The thought of another pregnancy was sooo not appealing to me and it took me a while to be ok with it. Dd1 is 5 1/2 now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured