Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How much time will DH/SO take off of work?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:37 PM
  • 26 Replies

How much time will he take off for paternity leave?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NatyRod
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM
3 wks for sure but we're hoping for 4.. That would be such a blessing! :)
connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Mine took a week each time

GreenDotsOrange
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Just the 2 days I am in the hospital. Maybe 3 days at most. He will use his personal/sick time. He does have the option of paternity leave but it's only like half his paycheck which wouldn't be enough to cover the bills. With my son he went back to work the next day as he didn't have benefits at that time.
bebcarroll
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Depends on how much leave he has accrued.  With #3 he took a full 6 weeks and with #2 it was 4 solid weeks and 2 weeks part time.  I was in the hospital so much before #1 that he only had about a week (she was in the NICU and he went to wrok any way.) This time I am hoping he can stretch it out a little so we have time to rest.

jae414
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:37 PM
He says he's taking a whole week off, but I think he'll go stir crazy and go back before then. Lol
caligirl7613
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM
my x took no time off at all. DS was born at 528 am..x ws at work at 8..when i was released he left long enough to get me and drop me off at home. he was an ass. im hopeful SO will be able to take off a few days after i come home..i could care less about him tking off while im in the hospital as long as he is there for the birth. after that i will mostly be sleeping to get my strength up anyway. we prob wont be able to afford him taking off more than 3 days as it will be unpaid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MacMamaof5
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:23 AM

I have a work-a-holic husband...so I give it the day I give birth and the next day depending on the time...but he'll leave me where I am (IF it's the hospital) and then visit after getting off a little early...and if we have the baby at home as I plan, then I have absolutely NO IDEA at this point.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:30 AM
2 months
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:32 AM
3 weeks
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:41 AM

DH gets 10 days of paternity leave, though he was already on day 2 (signed out on Wed, baby was born on Fri) when baby came. He goes back to work on Monday, Dom will be 10 days old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)