Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Post Pregnancy Weight

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hello Ladies,

My son is 6 weeks old and I have 30 lbs to lose to be back at my pre-pregnancy weight. What were some of the things you did to get the weight off. Also have any of you tried any diets like nutri-system, weight watchers, jenny craig???

Thanks

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelly617
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I'm taking Super B complex...my doc said that being deficient in b vitamins slows your metabolism....and it must really be true because in the 6wks since I had my son I've lost 30lbs!!! (okay I'll admit some of that was water weight)

krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:43 PM

nursing. also weightwatchers has a program for nursing moms.

SophieLee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Calorie count and exercise. I like the apps they have out for it. Eat right water and move.
EvrybodysFriend
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Clean eating and exercise.
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Going for walks and breastfeeding along with eating well is what did it for me. 

housewifehell
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Eat clean no chemicals it makes a huge difference and takes weight off fast.

mistressflora
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I have done weight watchers and i did the online one, and i was able to lose almost 30 lbs in like 3 months. then I got pregnant but I got so use to the diet I just kept following it but I was a bit more leniant since I was pregnant, I still continued to lose wieght! I am still smaller than I was when I first got pregnant and I havnt gained a lbs really!

bebe_ju-rah
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I ebf and am 10lbs below my pp weight at 8 months after having my baby. I gained 65lbs during my pregnancy. I don't do anything else as its not recommended to diet while bfing.
waitn4miracles2
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I did insanity work out after son and it works great but just make sure your doc oks it first because it is very intense
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I'm 2.5 weeks postpartum and I'm down 30lbs, but have another 30lbs to lose before goal weight. I have been exclusively breastfeeding and chasing my two toddlers. We eat a fairly good diet- we do very few processed foods. I'm sure that helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)