Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

34 weeks pregnant and in so much pain.

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 26 Replies

I went to the hospital last night. I was having contractions and pain under my right boob. I am still in a lot of pain. They had me stay the night to keep a eye on me. I also had to do test in the morning because the pain i was having. Under my right boob they were thinking it was my Gaul Bladder. So in the morning they ran there test. Everything was neg. They think it could be the baby. But i don't think it is that. I am really in a lot of pain. I don't know what to do at this point. No medicine works and i am having back pain plus that. Anyone else going through this at 34 weeks? I am really uncomfortable. I have to follow up with my doc this week. But until then i am in so much pain. Ugh :/

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
midnightstar21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

bump

WillTimsmom
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I hope it's nothing serious.  Is this your first?  I had a pain under my ribs on the right side that radiated to my back.  After tests my doctor said it was the baby pushing on my ribs.  But you shouldn't be in too much pain or you won't get enough rest. Talk to your doctor about it, or if it gets worse or you start having nausea and vomiting, go straight to the ER.

jenk0825
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I am 32 weeks today and not feeling your exact pain but today on and off I've been a dull ache in my abdomen and lower back.  Drinking lots of water for the past few hours...hoping it is nothing serious!  My dr. told me at an earlier appointment that if I'm not in a ball lying on the floor in pain that it's not a big concern.  I hope you feel better!!

Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Sorry mama I'm preg with baby #5 & all I can say if from here on in you won't be comfortable again until you give birth! Baby's running out if room, your bladder hates you! Your stomach is squished too! You would swear if that baby wedged up under your ribs another hair that they would break and what you feel puts a whole new meaning to the word "pressure"! Good thing is you have about 6 weeks or so left! Your in the home stretch! If you were to deliver now your baby would be premature but likely have little to no complications. Wear only comfy clothes & shoes. Try to surround yourself with good people. Ask for help! :-(. Good luck
midnightstar21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Thank you guys! You are so nice and helpful! :-)
midnightstar21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM
This is my second baby.
SophieLee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Silly question: do you feel like you could "stretch it out" like if you just moved right it would vanish, or trying to lift your boobs to help it? The reason I ask is I had pain like that and I told my doc what I was trying ect and get this: heart burn! No lie, tums worked! It was crazy. Good luck feel better hin
marleasmommy91
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I have a sharp pain under my left boob and my doctor determined that it was an extremely tight muscle. It hurts so bad!! It goes somewhat to my back also. It hurts to move, sneeze, cough or laugh. =/ She prescribed lidocaine patches to put on it but they only help a little bit. 

CafeMom Tickers
midnightstar21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Last night i slept on my right side. It helped a little. I am still in pain this morning. But took the medicine the doc gave me. Moving my boob don't think it will work lol.

Quoting SophieLee:

Silly question: do you feel like you could "stretch it out" like if you just moved right it would vanish, or trying to lift your boobs to help it? The reason I ask is I had pain like that and I told my doc what I was trying ect and get this: heart burn! No lie, tums worked! It was crazy. Good luck feel better hin
midnightstar21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:40 AM
It hurts to do anything. Move etc. My doc basically told me to deal with the pain. :/

Quoting marleasmommy91:

I have a sharp pain under my left boob and my doctor determined that it was an extremely tight muscle. It hurts so bad!! It goes somewhat to my back also. It hurts to move, sneeze, cough or laugh. =/ She prescribed lidocaine patches to put on it but they only help a little bit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)