Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rapid heart rate??

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:50 PM
  • 17 Replies
Yesterday I had issues while in the shower. Fast heart rate, weakness, dizzy and short of breath... I passed it off as maybe doing too much. Today it happened again to me when I was grocery shopping. I took my heart rate and it was 140.
I called the after hour nurse and they suggested I go in where when I got there 2 hours later it had dropped to 126.
The did some tests and cant figure out why its so high... its been 100 resting all day, if I do anything it goes back to 120-130. Has me worried.. days before my doc appt and it was a normal 68 bmp.
I am 27 weeks pregnant.
any insight?
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stepconfused182
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Is your blood pressure high too when this happens? Does it go down when you lay on your left side?
Johnhenrysgirl
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Have they checked you yet for diabetes? I am 26wks Monday and I go in Tuesday to check. I have trouble standing for long or I feel weak and my heart starts speeding up. Not sure yet why but drinking water helps.

kelliamber006
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I just had my glucose test thursday... havent gotten results yet. hopefully monday or tuesday they said I wil have results.

blood pressure had been normal the whole day I was in urgent care when heart rate was up
BaltimoreBaby
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I had that happen a few times while I was pregnant.

I've also had that happen before / after being pregnant but it was the most alarming while pregnant, obviously.

It was because of low blood pressure for me. My breath got swallow, my heart rate speeds up and flutters, I get really really pale - my vision gets fuzzy and eventually goes white/gray. I sometimes faint.

Let me know if you ever get a solution or cause - cause I haven't.

kelliamber006
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM
My blood pressure is always good when it happens. Just my heart rate

Quoting BaltimoreBaby:

I've also had that happen before / after being pregnant but it was the most alarming while pregnant, obviously.

It was because of low blood pressure for me. My breath got swallow, my heart rate speeds up and flutters, I get really really pale - my vision gets fuzzy and eventually goes white/gray. I sometimes faint.

JennyLee24
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I had this when i was pregnant the whole time. My heart rate was 170 when i drove myself to the hospital cuz i thought i was gonna have a heart attack or something. They took me straight back and gave me a beta blocker that slowed my heart rate down. I had to be on this med the whole time i was pregnant. As soon as i had my baby my heart went back to normal. It must have been the extra strain on my heart from being pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clemency3
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I used to get like that in my showers while pregnant. Essentially the water was too hot. Once I changed the water temp it fixed itself. I would also drink more water to see if over time that helps you or not. Could also be related to blood pressure. 

CafeMom Tickers
aliciaj27
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM

This sounds like a panic attack to me.  I have suffered from them for years.  and let me tell you, they are very very scary.  I think anxiety goes up while pregnant as well, because I have experienced a few panic attacks since being pregnant. 

Quoting BaltimoreBaby:

CafeMom Tickers
BaltimoreBaby
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:39 PM
No, it sounds like a panic attack but it's definitely not. I also have an anxiety disorder, so I have panic attacks pretty regularly as well. These two events have similar things happen but I can tell them apart. I also have never lost consciousness during one of my panic attacks. I do with the other thing almost every time.

My doctor says its 'fainting spells' like I'm some damsel out of a romance novel lol. I think that's doctor speak for 'I'm not sure'

I think it's tied to my sugar. I notice it happens more often when I don't have much sugar for a few days. But I'm definitely not diabetic. *shrug* who knows?

ETA: I also faint in the shower pretty regularly.

Quoting aliciaj27: This sounds like a panic attack to me.  I have suffered from them for years.  and let me tell you, they are very very scary.  I think anxiety goes up while pregnant as well, because I have experienced a few panic attacks since being pregnant. 
Quoting BaltimoreBaby:I had that happen a few times while I was pregnant. I've also had that happen before / after being pregnant but it was the most alarming while pregnant, obviously. It was because of low blood pressure for me. My breath got swallow, my heart rate speeds up and flutters, I get really really pale - my vision gets fuzzy and eventually goes white/gray. I sometimes faint. Let me know if you ever get a solution or cause - cause I haven't.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM
It sounds like a possible Maternal Tachycardia. I'd ask!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured