Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When was your frist baby appointment?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 35 Replies
Just wondered when I needed to make a appointment? I just missed my period and turn positive.
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelliamber006
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Typically 9weeks
ndavis0069
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Ok thanks so much. :).

Quoting kelliamber006:

Typically 9weeks

ajohnson08099
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Id go ahead and call asap it depends on Dr really. I called the Monday after I tested positive (tested on a Saturday and was only 4 weeks) and Already they were booked up. mine typically sees patients between8-10 weeks, but I couldn't be seen until I was 11 weeks. never too early to make preparations!!
ndavis0069
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Thanks. Just had no idea. Lol

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Id go ahead and call asap it depends on Dr really. I called the Monday after I tested positive (tested on a Saturday and was only 4 weeks) and Already they were booked up. mine typically sees patients between8-10 weeks, but I couldn't be seen until I was 11 weeks. never too early to make preparations!!

ajohnson08099
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Lol that's ok!! I didn't either about the only reason I convinced myself to call in was because the Dr I wanted was rather popular and I wanted to make sure I got to use him. some people wait like if they want to see if it sticks or waiting for something like Medicaid. if you haven't already go buy yourself a bottle of prenatal vitamins

Quoting ndavis0069:

Quoting ajohnson08099:

MrsHubert
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I had my confirmation at 6 weeks and my first u/s at 8 weeks!

ndavis0069
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I have prenatal vitamins. And been taking them for 2 months.:) But I am trying not to miscarry. Bc I had a tubal last month so I am being very careful.

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Lol that's ok!! I didn't either about the only reason I convinced myself to call in was because the Dr I wanted was rather popular and I wanted to make sure I got to use him. some people wait like if they want to see if it sticks or waiting for something like Medicaid. if you haven't already go buy yourself a bottle of prenatal vitamins

Quoting ndavis0069:

Quoting ajohnson08099:

ajohnson08099
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok good! I've found the best is positive thinking to a certain extent. good luck and congrats!!
Clemency3
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I would call them tomorrow and schedule an appointment. Just let them know you tested positive and need to schedule an appointment to verify and so forth. I pretty much scheduled as soon as I knew. It turned out that with the first 2 I didn't even know I was pregnant till I was already 8-10 wks along. Which was right around the time they want to start seeing you. With this 3rd one I found out earlier on b/c of symptoms being so strong but I didn't get seen till like 12 wks b/c of insurance issues. 

CafeMom Tickers
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Call and ask. Every doctor does things so differently! Mine wanted me to have a confirmation appointment, which I had around 6 weeks, and then my first appointment with an OB was at 11 weeks. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)