Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

See a doctor if......

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 79 Replies

Many new mothers or low risk first time pregnant women dont worry or are not as concerned about complications. This was true when I was younger and first time mom. I didnt smoke or drink and did eat well, but I didnt understand the need for early prevention and didnt go in when my temperature was over 100. I never took it easy, walked long distances and carried heavy things at work. I am older and have high risk, but I see some women have to go thru miscarriages that could have been avoided.

Early prevention and early detection is the key.

Please see a doctor if...You have a high temperature over 100, babies movement slows down or stops and its been lil longer than an hour, you have any pain in the abdomen area that is more than what a doctor says is acceptable, for some women, contractions increase more and more as the date draws nearer. (braxton hicks contractions are not painfull) you have pain in your back, if you have cloudy urine, you have fluid coming out and it isnt pee or doesnt smell like pee. you are bleeding and it isnt the small amount after sexual intercourse, see a doctor if you have swelling in your ankles, its good to be tested for high blood pressure and get a urinary sample for high protein to detect preeclampsia. Get a second opinion always if a primary care physician who does not specialize in pregnancy tries to prescribe you a class c drug, especially if they try to put you on prozac. See a doctor if you had a car accident where you had to come to a sudden stop or got hurt. (i would see a doctor if i fell or got hit in the stomach as well) avoid placentia abruptia for those and dont go on rollercoasters, if your over the specified guidlines a doctor gives. Try to drink enough water, avoid ()* edit; raw  milk and soft cheeses or unpasturized milk. Dont empty cat litter boxes. See a doctor if your a vegetarian, see a doctor if your not gaining enough weight, etc. theres many other things to see a doctor for obvious reasons. If you had any undetected health problems before pregnancy, such as heart problems, asthma or pre-diabetes they will manifest themselves suddenly during pregnancy.

If you want to challenge me go ahead, but for those who care about the truth, dont discourage those who take it seriously. It is because of pier pressure and idiots out there making people worry about doing the right thing that people dont take the precautions they really need. your not paranoid for seeking medical attention, just remember that new moms. :)

edited post; substitute word whole with raw, sorry for misinformation.

edited post; contractions beyond what doctor considers normal should be considered.

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Those are ridiculous, Whole milk? Whole milk doesn't do a darn thing. And I'm sorry, but if a pregnant woman called or saw a doctor for every one of those things, she would practically live in her doctor office or l&d.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Also, cat litter boxes are totally fine.
justme00
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting Pandapanda:

Those are ridiculous, Whole milk? Whole milk doesn't do a darn thing. And I'm sorry, but if a pregnant woman called or saw a doctor for every one of those things, she would practically live in her doctor office or l&d.

This and 99% of MC can't be stopped. 99% of MCs are not the mother fault. The OP is being overly silly and I fear she's going to scare some first time moms over nothing.
skitskidaddle
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:07 PM

believe what you want, but research shows (for those who love the truth) that cat poop has a poisonous effect on pregnant women, please stop making a fool of yourself. Arent you embarrassed?

Quoting Pandapanda:

Also, cat litter boxes are totally fine.

justme00
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Quoting skitskidaddle:

whole milk is unpasturized and has a dangerous chemical that causes side effects for pregnant mothers. you are being rediculous. Err on the side of caution if indeed you think I am in error. Which I tell you I have experience with this and am not. In my opinion it is as if you are telling women to drink or smoke. All of the dangerous things remain dangerous no matter how you justify them.

Quoting justme00:
Quoting Pandapanda:Those are ridiculous, Whole milk? Whole milk doesn't do a darn thing. And I'm sorry, but if a pregnant woman called or saw a doctor for every one of those things, she would practically live in her doctor office or l&d.

This and 99% of MC can't be stopped. 99% of MCs are not the mother fault. The OP is being overly silly and I fear she's going to scare some first time moms over nothing.

Lol while milk is in fact pasturized.lol half of what you said in your OP is wrong. If you like I will teach you the real facts??
Arib107
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I disagree with alot of what you said.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Um, what?? This is crazy. If I called my doctor every time my back hurt I would live on the telephone and in her office. And sometimes, my braxton hicks can hurt. The saying that BH never hurt really isn't true. And whole milk is not automatically unpasteurized. I'm not sure where you got that from.

skitskidaddle
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Im not talking the kind of back pain from carrying a baby belly, but the pain that is a stabbing pain caused by a kidney infection. Each woman should do their own research and not DISMISS CONCERN. There was a girl who posted one time that she neglected to see a doctor for leaking fluid every day because she thought she was being "paranoid". She then lost the baby due to other people's influences as to what is considered by the uneducated as normal.

Quoting LeapBaby123:

Um, what?? This is crazy. If I called my doctor every time my back hurt I would live on the telephone and in her office. And sometimes, my braxton hicks can hurt. The saying that BH never hurt really isn't true. And whole milk is not automatically unpasteurized. I'm not sure where you got that from.

skitskidaddle
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Go ahead, I would love to see it. But just because that gallon is pasturized doesnt mean all of it is. Again, ask a doctor.

Quoting LeapBaby123:

You belong on Mom Confessions. Have you joined that group? Might want to check it out. And I almost have the nerve to drive to the store and take a picture of a gallon of pasteurized whole milk. Almost.

Quoting skitskidaddle:

Oh , and ha ha ha, no whole milk is NOT PASTURIZED. How can you walk around being that ignorant.

Quoting justme00:

Quoting skitskidaddle:

whole milk is unpasturized and has a dangerous chemical that causes side effects for pregnant mothers. you are being rediculous. Err on the side of caution if indeed you think I am in error. Which I tell you I have experience with this and am not. In my opinion it is as if you are telling women to drink or smoke. All of the dangerous things remain dangerous no matter how you justify them.

Quoting justme00:
Quoting Pandapanda:Those are ridiculous, Whole milk? Whole milk doesn't do a darn thing. And I'm sorry, but if a pregnant woman called or saw a doctor for every one of those things, she would practically live in her doctor office or l&d.

Lol while milk is in fact pasturized.lol half of what you said in your OP is wrong. If you like I will teach you the real facts??

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM

In that case, maybe you should specify. Also, since your reading comprehension appears to be lacking, I said nothing regarding leaking fluid, so I'm not sure who you're arguing with about that one.

Quoting skitskidaddle:

Im not talking the kind of back pain from carrying a baby belly, but the pain that is a stabbing pain caused by a kidney infection. Each woman should do their own research and not DISMISS CONCERN. There was a girl who posted one time that she neglected to see a doctor for leaking fluid every day because she thought she was being "paranoid". She then lost the baby due to other people's influences as to what is considered by the uneducated as normal.

Quoting LeapBaby123:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)