Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

does it really matter???

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 13 Replies
which side u sleep on??? im 20 weeks and i cant stay in one position long i tend to switch from left side to my back to my right side. i am usually most comfortable on my right side. but i have heard from ppl mind u not my dr thaat it is not good to laay on my back or right side because the baby cant get enough oxygen. is this true???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:02 AM
No it really doesn't as long as you're comfortable. It is possible that baby and uterus can pinch off a blood vessel if you lie on your back, but you would notice that most likely because it would block off YOUR oxygen supply before baby's.
caligirl7613
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:05 AM
thank you. i have also been having back spasms and it helps to move or switch positions

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

No it really doesn't as long as you're comfortable. It is possible that baby and uterus can pinch off a blood vessel if you lie on your back, but you would notice that most likely because it would block off YOUR oxygen supply before baby's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I would have to be medicated to sleep in one position all night lol. It's bad enough I can't sleep on my back and only have two options which both cause me pain lol.

Quoting caligirl7613:

thank you. i have also been having back spasms and it helps to move or switch positions

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

caligirl7613
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:13 AM
oh thats awful. have u tried a body pillow? i heard they help

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I would have to be medicated to sleep in one position all night lol. It's bad enough I can't sleep on my back and only have two options which both cause me pain lol.

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM
I've just been using two or three regular pillows to help me out. They do work to keep my shoulders and hips from hurting, but it is beginning to hurt to turn over due to my pubic bones separating. It sucks lol.

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

caligirl7613
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:13 AM
o man i m NOT looking forward to that

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I've just been using two or three regular pillows to help me out. They do work to keep my shoulders and hips from hurting, but it is beginning to hurt to turn over due to my pubic bones separating. It sucks lol.

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Hopefully you'll get to skip it lol. I didn't have it with my first, but I did with my second... I've heard it gets worse with each pregnancy so I'm probably in for it big time lol.

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

caligirl7613
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:23 AM
damn this is my third pregnancy. its been the most awful, painful, i have never been so sick. n my belly is already HUGE even though i never really showed before at all yet this time at 20 weeks it looks like i have a damn beach ball under my shirt

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Hopefully you'll get to skip it lol. I didn't have it with my first, but I did with my second... I've heard it gets worse with each pregnancy so I'm probably in for it big time lol.

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:42 AM
My doc said however i could get comfy was fine, i tossed and turned so much comfy only lasted a few minutes anyway
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:55 AM
This one has been worse for me too... Thankfully morning sickness wasn't so severe that I actually got sick, but it was worse than my last two lol. I've had two colds with this one(I usually just get one), a UTI, and the aches and pains have gotten started quicker. My stomach really popped around 14 weeks, but it has slowed down a lot... Even though it will be more painful I really can't wait until it is even bigger lol.

Quoting caligirl7613:

damn this is my third pregnancy. its been the most awful, painful, i have never been so sick. n my belly is already HUGE even though i never really showed before at all yet this time at 20 weeks it looks like i have a damn beach ball under my shirt

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)