Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help!!:)

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:13 AM
  • 7 Replies
I wanna call in the morning to move my c section from the 17th (a Thursday) to the 13th (a Sunday) so my mom can be here from out of state. My question is what do I tell them so maybe they will do it in a Sunday?? I really want my mom here and if it's not done then then she won't be able to meet him till the 1st of November :/
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Most states have a legal requirement of 39 weeks minimum for elective cesarean- meaning your doctor/hospital could face heavy fines for doing it before 39 weeks, and therefore the odds of them moving your date up 4 days is very unlikely.
tansydreams
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Please make sure they check to be sure your baby's are ready to produce surfactant.  I hope everything works out for you.

NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I am going for a VBAC but I know my dr legally can't do it electively before 39 weeks. (Without medical problems present). They also never schedule csections or inductions on the weekends. You can ask your dr but I wouldn't expect much. People tell drs all sorts of things to try to get their babies born earlier :-) they are used to it. Some drs don't care and will do whatever the mom wants but most will follow regulations and do whats best for baby! Even if you have to wait.....it's just 4 days mama! It will be ok!
mem82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Hm, Sundays are usually no gos for things like that because it's a weekend. It actually takes a lot of staff to do a c section. good luck!

sep18mom
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I'll be almost 49 weeks by then :)
TammyHelton
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:32 AM

my doctor and hospital are doing my c section on a Saturday. so i don't see why her getting it moved to a Sunday would be an issue.

ohwhynot85
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:48 AM

49 or 39??

Quoting sep18mom:

I'll be almost 49 weeks by then :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)