Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

colic baby

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:50 AM
  • 14 Replies
my son born on 23 sep:-) but he is so fussy and crying all the night and sleeping in day time, we are first time mom dad and feeling so diffrent:-!, baby feeling gassy also dont know what to do, pls help
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Are you burping baby after each feeding? Are you using formula or breastfeeding? Have you tried gas drops? Is baby sleeping in your room?
lauren.m
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM
My oldest had colic but screamed all day and night with 5 min naps it was exhausting. What is baby eating?
Clemency3
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM

To help ease the gassiness you can take his legs and cycle them as if he is riding a bike. Push them gently against his belly and also give him some belly time. If you are bottle feeding him you might need to change bottles to better help that. 

http://www.drphil.com/articles/article/274

scroll down on that site and it is the 5 s's to soothe a baby. This helped as well as a vacuum running. good luck! both of mine were colic..it was a pain in the butt. Also make sure that he passed his hearing test in the hospital. If he didn't have one done then I would think about getting one done to make sure no extra fluid is stuck in there. good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
mem82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:18 AM

This. I can tell you a million different ways to help with gas but need a few more specifics, first.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Are you burping baby after each feeding? Are you using formula or breastfeeding? Have you tried gas drops? Is baby sleeping in your room?

amar1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM
He is not burping easy its hard but we are giving him gas drops, and he is taking Brest milk with the bottle and sometimes formula bcoz I am not making enough milk:-( pls help

Quoting mem82:

This. I can tell you a million different ways to help with gas but need a few more specifics, first.

Quoting Pandapanda:

amar1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM
He is not burping easy its hard but we are giving him gas drops, and he is taking Brest milk with the bottle and sometimes formula bcoz I am not making enough milk:-( pls help

Quoting Pandapanda:

amar1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Quoting lauren.m:

My oldest had colic but screamed all day and night with 5 min naps it was exhausting. What is baby eating?

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
What makes you think you don't have enough milk? Do you put baby to the breast or are you pumping only?

What kind of formula? The formula could be causing some gas. How much are you offering to baby?

A warm bath, bicycle legs, tummy time, infant massage, and just cuddling can all help with a fussy gassy baby.

Quoting amar1234:

Quoting Pandapanda:

lauren.m
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Its probably the formula. Try rubbing his back at the top instead of patting try moving his legs around like he is riding a bike while he is on his back. Who told you you aren't producing enough milk? They have special gas reducing bottles maybe try those if you are bottle feeding. Good luck I hope it gets easier soon.

Quoting amar1234:

Quoting lauren.m:

mlynnc2
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM

A good infant probiotic will do wonders for a fussy baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN